• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Triumph Vs. The Star wars Nerds(hilarious)

28 posts in this topic

Ok, for anyone who dosen't watch Late Night with Conan O'Brien( 893naughty-thumb.gif), there's a character on the show called "Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog". At the last Star Wars premiere, Triumph went into the lineups to bag on the nerds. I saw it when it originally aired, and this is the full version.

Now, I've always hated Star Trek and Star Wars, and this is hysterical. Opening day really brings out the hardcore fanatics.

Link

For more Triumph, this CD just came out:

311367-poop.JPG

311367-poop.JPG.4d605c88d211deec6082bdc48d0949d6.JPG

Ok, for anyone who dosen't watch Late Night with Conan O'Brien( 893naughty-thumb.gif), there's a character on the show called "Triumph, the Insult Comic Dog". At the last Star Wars premiere, Triumph went into the lineups to bag on the nerds. I saw it when it originally aired, and this is the full version.

Now, I've always hated Star Trek and Star Wars, and this is hysterical. Opening day really brings out the hardcore fanatics.

Link

For more Triumph, this CD just came out:

311367-poop.JPG

It killed me when the Vulcan from Star Trek walked by the Star Wars guys all mad flipping them off.

It killed me when the Vulcan from Star Trek walked by the Star Wars guys all mad flipping them off.

Or what about the LOTR nerd with a staff in one hand & a Filet-O-Fish in the other? 27_laughing.gif

Yeah, that guy was totally wacked out. Talk about losing a grip on reality.

Did you see him on Leno Tue. night. I can't believe he gets away with what he says.

He goes up to Leno's face and says,

Hey I smell something, I think its coming from your nose."

Leno says, What, what is it?"

Triunph says, "ITS ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGERS BUTT!"

Then he goes on to ask why John Kerry has to follow second to a talking puppet. It was hysterical!! 27_laughing.gif

He also asked if he could hump Lenos chin if he put peanut butter on it.

Also hilarious is when Triumph goes to a Bon Jovi concert. He interviews the band beforehand and totally berates them. My favorite is when he comments on Jon Bon Jovi's most recent project - a vampire movie: "Finally! A job that actually requires you to suck!" 27_laughing.gif

I'll try to find a link to it and post it here.

Triumph freakin ROCKS! I've loved him for years, and that video was hilarious. He repeated the "nerd" thing about 10 times too many, but it didn't much matter, it still rocked. That's the best thing Robert Smigel has ever done...his shorts on SNL like "the Ambiguously Gay Duo" weren't bad, but Triumph is AWESOME.

Thanks Andrew. I needed a good laugh. 27_laughing.gif

I've heard so many good things about the show, and Triumph. And although I've heard of the skit before, this is the first time I'm actually seeing it. One thing I did notice is that there are some similarities between Triumph and the Ed the Sock characters. Would you agree/disagree? More an observation than a criticism; and its also worth mentioning that I actually find Triumph very funny, and just CANNOT stand Ed the Sock.

I recorded Conan a few years ago because he was interviewing somebody that I wanted to see (can't remember who now), and Triumph was on there at the Westminster annual dog show. He kept humping all the dogs and making really blunt and chauvanistically crude comments...AWESOME STUFF! I ended up watching the Triumph segment like 4 or 5 times because it had me on the floor on the first viewing. Smigel's voice makes the character.

I don't really see many similarities with Ed the Sock and Triumph other than the fact thay they're both good at bagging on people. I don't find Ed the Soc half as funny. He's just blunt and vulgar, which can be funny, but he dosen't have the delivery that Rob Smigel has.

Here's some more Triumph. Unfortunetly, these are not all complete. I saw most of them when they first Aired(I've been following the show for years). I really wish I could find the complete "8 Nipple", which is an Eminem "8 mile" spoof.

West Minister dog show, 1999

West Minister dog show, 2000

Hollywood Squares, 2000

Triumph meets Bon Jovi

Triumph: "8 Nipples"

Judging Simon Cowell

And for those who like Conan, here's a "best of" reel:

Best of

I love that little cigar chomping dog too!! If you want to get away with saying something to someone, let a puppet or cartoon character do it!! Who's gonna look stupid kicking a puppet's a**? 893applaud-thumb.gif

eminem's posse at the american music awards