• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Avengers a few between 64 - 97 SOLD !

22 posts in this topic

Hello, since I am a newbie (FNG we called them in the Army) I want to introduce myself to the board.

BIO: My name is Bernard and I have been collecting since the mid 70’s. I stopped collecting in the 80’s when I sold my first collection to buy my wife her engagement ring. I spent 14 years traveling due to college and the Army until resettling in my home town and started back collecting again around 2000. I have accumulated a lot of books and have decided to liquidate my extra issues and titles, to raise money to finish off my core titles, pay CGC fees and buy more books!

I collect mostly Marvel with some specific DC assorted other interesting titles/covers from other publishers. My current collection consists of mostly SA/BA books with some GA/Moderns to fill in runs and to follow story lines. My family (wife and three kids) sell books and heroclix about 4 – 5 times a year at the local comic show. So I am definitely in this for the long haul.

As I am new to this board I took the advice that other long standing board members have given to other new members, and have listed some nice mid grade very collectable books.

BOOKS: This is a group of Avengers Vol. 1, average grade 6.5 / FVF all books have OWL range 7-8 and supple pages.

GRADING: I have graded them very strictly (does anyone ever say anything else) using the Overstreet Grading Guide as a reference. As grading is subjective to some extent (ever disagree with a CGC grade?). I have provided scans of the front and back covers please review carefully and ask all questions prior to purchase.

PRICING: For Pricing I used and the Overstreet Price Guide 36th (2006) ed. and I am offering 20 % off of these prices!

BOOK PREPARATION: After I reviewed and scanned the books I put two BCW comic extenders in the books (similar to microchamber papers) then placed in E. Gerber Mylites 2 Mylar sleeve with a E. Gerber Full-Back 42 mil acid free buffer board , closed the flap with 3M photo safe double sided removal tape (to prevent the accidental tape pull!). This is how you will receive the book.

PAYMENT: I will accept PayPal, Money Order, personal or bank checks. I will have to wait for the personal check to clear prior to shipping. Otherwise I will ship the next business day after receipt of payment.

POSTAGE: Postage will be based on the number of books purchased. I will ship via USPS Priority, delivery confirmation and insurance for both of our protection. I will only charge actual postage charge and will fill the flat rate box with as many books as possible to save on shipping.

RETURNS: Returns will be accepted within seven days of purchase. Please send an email with specifics about why you want to return the books. Due to the cost of the return postage it needs to be paid by the buyer. Therefore it is mutually beneficial to come to an agreeable solution so that the books do not have to be returned. If the books do need to be returned then they need to be returned in the same condition, packing and shipped via USPS Priority with insurance. Once received I will send an email and once reviewed I will return the purchase price in the same method that I was paid.

Please PM offers, questions and I’ll take it rules! Please also do not hesitate to comment and constructively criticize so that I can learn and do better in the future. (I may live to regret this last statement :D )

Thank you for taking the time to look

Title Issue Grade OSPG 36th Ed./ 20% off

Avengers 64 FN/ 6.0 15 / 12

Avengers 65 FN/6.0 15 / 12

Avengers 66 VF-/7.5 25 / 20

Avengers 72 VF-/7.5 20 / 16

Avengers 88 FVF/7.0 18 / 14.4

Avengers 89 FN- / 5.5 10 / 8

Avengers 90 FN+/6.5 15 / 12

Avengers 91 FN/6.0 12 / 9.6

Avengers 97 FN/6.0 15 / 12

Books are listed in order with the covers first then the backs and here they are:

[*]th_Avengers64.jpg[*]th_Avengers64Back.jpg [*]th_Avengers65.jpg[*]th_Avengers65Back.jpg [*]th_Avengers66.jpg [*]th_Avengers66Back.jpg [*]th_Avengers72.jpg [*]th_Avengers72Back.jpg [*]th_Avengers88.jpg [*]th_Avengers88back.jpg [*]th_Avengers89.jpg [*]th_Avengers89Back.jpg [*]th_Avengers90.jpg [*]th_Avengers90Back.jpg [*]th_Avengers91.jpg [*]th_Avengers91Back.jpg [*]th_Avengers97.jpg [*]th_Avengers97Back.jpg

Well, this is probably the single best newbie sales thread I have ever seen. Anyone else have any questions?
Got any War books? :baiting:

Well, this is probably the single best newbie sales thread I have ever seen. Anyone else have any questions?

Agreed,

it's too good. There must be some hidden agenda, I'm off to work on my conspiracy theory. hm

Originally Posted By: cd4ever
 Originally Posted By: r1970d
Got any War books? poke2.gif

Sorry \(shrug\) not that I can recall but I will look. Thank you

That's ok. I don't even collect them. But someone was going to ask you sooner or later so I figured I'd save them the hassle.

This is an impressively organised selling thread, I feel bad for not buying anything. :sorry:

Welcome to the boards. :hi: