• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Else Fed up with EBAY?

130 posts in this topic

Yeah, I'm right there with ya. I have a guy saying he didn't get a bust that I sold to him. I'm completely fed up with selling on ebay. I'll still make purchases here or there, but I'm done selling. I only use ebay to sell things here or there, so it won't hurt me to bad. Either way, to me, its just not worth the hastle of fighting over shipping charges, feedback, and claims of broken items or not getting items at all. I'm done with the bay...

You say they thought your shipping was excessive, please explain what you are charging for shipping. Ebay has new rules in regards to excessive shipping.

You know I think why they are going to this excessive shipping is because they don't charge you extra fees on shipping like they do on the auction portion. I bet the next thing for ebay to do is just charge you %fees on total balance regardless of shipping.

Originally Posted By: topnotchman
You say they thought your shipping was excessive, please explain what you are charging for shipping. Ebay has new rules in regards to excessive shipping.

You know I think why they are going to this excessive shipping is because they don't charge you extra fees on shipping like they do on the auction portion. I bet the next thing for ebay to do is just charge you %fees on total balance regardless of shipping.

Like Paypal does. :eek:

I charge what UPS charges & the USPS & I don't make a cent. Even though there are a lot of fees , I still lost money on some sales. I guess it doesn't matter as a seller if you do the right thing.

I still don't really know what I did wrong. Ebay has a phone # but it is a recording that gives you a run around. But there is no one with a pulse that can answer a phone, A company that huge has no direct phone lines to customer support. The only thing I am doing right now is posting on my website & yes I will post some items on the CGC boards soon. I have lots of stuff to list.

Originally Posted By: topnotchman

Ebay owns Paypal and Paypal does charge fees on postage...I've always loved Ebay, but the bloom is off for me, lately. I'll still list there, but I really try not to. I haven't been happy since they started hiding IDs...and I just sold some china, that I have to send, with Paypal HOLDING the money for 21 days and I have a LOT of feedback.

It is amazing how Ebay rules are Two Faced (no Punt) They check on excessive charges on shipping & handling, but what is considered to be excessive. Meantime the fees are too excessive.

There seems to be everything wrong since the feedback changes. I never had any problems like this, We have been using Ebay since 1998. This has disaster for all sellers.

I got suspended with No legitimate reason

So...what was the reason that was given to you???...

Ebay has taken no action against the buyers who are getting away with scamming people

I believe they are...it's just that they don't advertise about every pissant crook that they do find...

I just finished chatting with a ebay rep. I got nowhere with them.

And why not...they must have answered some of your questions...howzabout giving us an idea of how the conversation went...

This thread has officially gone Perry Mason hm

Time for all of us to get our Sherlock Holmes caps on and our UPS shipping calculators out :juggle:

I already gave it a try and got ridiculous shipping cost numbers with the scant info provided so it sounds like depending on what you plug in the range can vary greatly and the only ^^ is UPS

Would you believe That I have a 99.6% feedback rating & now as of this morning I got suspended with No legitimate reason for 30 days, I am beyond livid over this. Ebay has taken no action against the buyers who are getting away with scamming people & giving them more ways to be creative.

Looks like I will be doing more local shows / conventions or posting a lot of other stuff on our website that is not supplies.

I just finished chatting with a ebay rep. I got nowhere with them. It is pathetic what ebay has working for them. There is no Phone lines connected to customer support. I am being penalized for 1 negative feedback that causes a 30 day suspension, My first negatives in 4 years. I guess when you have over 2,000 + positives from the last 4 years or more, It doesn't mean squat

I am opened to other suggestions.

Charles

lol Welcome to the club! I've been on ebay for over 10 years. Not one negative and a rating around 750. I received a 30 day suspension in July. I had two appeals and was denied both times. I missed 25 cent listings, the 20% off paypal code. But they lost out on my money which went to others. By Saturday I should be back on, but I have to beg them again.

God it must be great to be a monopoly!

I still don't really know what I did wrong. Ebay has a phone # but it is a recording that gives you a run around. But there is no one with a pulse that can answer a phone, A company that huge has no direct phone lines to customer support. The only thing I am doing right now is posting on my website & yes I will post some items on the CGC boards soon. I have lots of stuff to list.

I'm a little confused, in your first post you said you chatted with an Ebay rep.

The phone number I have for ebay is 1-800-717-3229.

The few times I've contacted them they've at least been able to explain situations. If you don't have any luck, I'd recommend asking to speak to a supervisor.

Ebay may not be the most customer friendly company in the world, but they're not insane, and they're not going to suspend people for no reason at all. It sounds, from the information you've given, that you somehow triggered some test that they have for shipping prices, rather than getting in trouble for too many negatives. They ought to be able to at least explain how that test works, and what you need to do to comply with whatever they require. I do know they've been trying to eliminate excessive shipping charges, but it sounds like they have some bugs in their automated system.

I can understand your frustration after all these years of making them money.