• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone Else Fed up with EBAY?

130 posts in this topic

A Phantom Stranger #32 9.4 Universal, that was my opening bid...I think it is worth at least $50, but what are you gonna do..

This one? Your buyer is legit. CKB's advice is by far the best advice you'll receive. "My apologies. Please send it back for a full refund

Based on his feedback left for others, he has a PayPal address that is >not< the one that he wants the items shipped to.

I know that invalid contact information will get you a suspension, but I don't know if having different addresses is a violation.

It's not, I have 5 different addresses on file with paypal..in four different countries and have been using them for years

Originally Posted By: kahml
Based on his feedback left for others, he has a PayPal address that is >not< the one that he wants the items shipped to.

I know that invalid contact information will get you a suspension, but I don't know if having different addresses is a violation.

It's not, I have 5 different addresses on file with paypal..in four different countries and have been using them for years

Thanks for the clarification. And I sincerely doubt you abuse the system.This bidder seems to have a propensity for negging sellers when they ship to the "confirmed" PayPal address.I can only wonder as to >how< he communicates the "where to ship to" information....Larry

Quote:
A Buyer order 5 cases of Basketball Holders (4 to a case) 5 cases. UPS hundred weight is 150 lbs & the cheapest way from NJ to Ca is $146.00.

Is This similar to what you were selling??? ...if so then how come he can ship them at nearly half your price???...

Ok, here is business 101: A guy sells supplies through ebay, or a any website for that matter. Seller does not have one single piece of inventory in stock. Why you as?? Seller has multiple accounts with distributors all over the country. Seller has whichever company is closest to buyer DROP SHIP item for him. If buyer is from California, his closest distibuter drop ships for him. We do this for numerous customers as well. We drop ship all over the country, not just the northeast. When you are the manufacturer of the products that you sell and have only one location (for now :grin: ) we cannot have our own products drop shipped. Another reason why we'll be looking for distributers of our products in the near future.If anyone has a UPS computer you can do the following: Ship from area code: 07601. Ship to area code: 90210. Actual weight=12 pounds x 5. Now put the measurments in 13x23x24. You will notice that UPS bills it as 37 pounds per case because it is an oversized package. Multiply 37 x 5=185 pounds. Make sure you click on the residential button!! Total=$172.00 But wait!! There is more!! Now being the honest, customer service friendly establishment that we are we are going to try to save this guy some money on shipping!! Now go to the shipment button on the top of the UPS toolbar and click on shipment. Click on hundredweight pricing for 5 packages. Total weight=185 pounds. Now the cost is: $137.81. I charged the guy $145.00 Is that really absurd?? $7.00 for a handling fee that took more than 2 hours of our time?? Plus boxing the products which costs us $2.00 per box??Anymore questions from the ebay police??

Did you use bubblewrap? Your asking for broken cases in the mail if you do not pack with bubblewrap. Yes its more money, but look at the hassles of this guys one broken case. Do you know how expensive it is to get one case replaced when the guy lives in Canada or UK? The bubblewrap starts to sound like real cheap insurance.

I need to figure out how to add the quotes from these multiple lined threads, I'm new to this posting thing. Getting better though. If Watson wants to email a PM list go ahead and I can do my best to see whats in stock or is coming back from CGC soon.

Anymore questions from the ebay police??

Listen bub...you're the one who started this inane person_without_enough_empathyandwhine session...If you think I'm going to hate eBay just because you say that I should then you sure as heck don't know me...

Heres business 101 for ya...answer questions professionally and keep attitude out of the equation...

Dont know why you think i have an attitude bub, im actually a very nice guy. I just put out there so you can see for yourself. You can ask anyone on these message boards how professional my services are. You have the attitude. I explained it in detail for you and this is all you can come up with?? My attitude?? How do you know what kind of attitude I have?? I responded to your questions with the thinking that you needed an explanation, which you got.

So i ask you, why the attitude??

What you do with ebay is your business. We were just curious to see if anyone else shares our experience.

The attitude was prevelant when you eluded to calling me the eBay police...I'm sure your a nice guy and I'm not questioning that...it's just that you actually may have done something incorrectly on ebay and you don't seem to accept that...

why don't you ask "someone on these boards" how professional my services are???...it ain't all about you...

Well,

My point is this. I am sure, you are a nice guy as well. But while everybody here was giving me useful information to try to resolve this, you seemed like you were making me the bad guy and Ebay was right without question. I can handle constructive critism as well, but you didnt even priovide that. You say i might have done something incorrectly?? Well, that certainly is not out of the realm of possiblities, but you offered no suggestions. So i took it as the way i did. You are right, it is not about me, it is about my business and reputation, which i take very seriously.

Jeff