• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there any "omnibus equivalents" for Detective Comics and Action Comics?

5 posts in this topic

I'm a pretty big fan of the Marvel omnibus volumes of work, but in my searches on eBay, I couldn't find similar volumes for DC characters.

Are there any massive collections still in print?

There are "Chronicles" that chronologically reprint every Batman and Superman story. They start out with "Action" and "Detective", of course, and go from there. Color tpb, roughly 200 pages each, multiple volumes, $14.99 each list price. 517NRV1ZD2L._SL500_AA240_.jpg518DR8G7FkL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

You know about the DC Archive editions, right? These are hardbacks, roughly equivalent to Marvel Masterworks. As far as I know, none of the Golden Age material has received an oversized, omnibus-style reprinting.

One confusing aspect to this is that Detective Comics is reprinted in the "Batman Archives" (The Batman title winds up in the "Dark Knight Archives"), while Action Comics is reprinted in "Superman: the Action Comics Archives."

Listing of all DC Archive Editions

I'm a pretty big fan of the Marvel omnibus volumes of work, but in my searches on eBay, I couldn't find similar volumes for DC characters.

Sounds to me like you're asking about hardcover collections with page counts similar to the Marvel Omnibus volumes... hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of pages.

There have never been any such books for DC characters.

When it comes to page count, the black-and-white Showcase paperbacks with 500 pages of comics come closest to Marvel's Omnibuses, but I don't think that's what you're looking for.

yeah there is. thier called DC Comics Absolute Editions. the list isAbsolute Authority Volume 1 volume 2Absolute Batman: Hush Absolute Dark Knight Absolute Batman: The Long Halloween Absolute Crisis on Infinite Earths Absolute Danger GirlAbsolute The New FrontierAbsolute Kingdom ComeAbsoluteThe League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Volume I AbsoluteThe League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Volume 2AbsoluteThe League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier Absolute Planetary 1Absolute Ronin to be released September 30th, 2008Absolute Sandman 1Absolute Sandman 2Absolute Sandman 3Absolute Sandman 4 to be released November 18th, 2008 WATCHMEN: THE ABSOLUTE EDITION new printing will be on sale November 12, 2008Absolute Starman late 2008 or 2009some great reading enjoy!