• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Planet 57

17 posts in this topic

Here is another Planet I'm interested in opinions on. I was told it was VF/NM. What do you all think? Any and all opinions appreciated! I'm thinking about filling out the special offer coupon :kidaround: I think 1.69 is a great deal. In seriousness, if you think it's a VF what prevents it from being an NM?

img221.jpg

img222.jpg

Scan is a bit small - but 8.5- 9.0 seems about right - rear spine stress, stacking bend, slight dust shadow on lower BC, slight rounding on URC (is there a small ncb crease there as well?) - conspire to keep it out of NM range. Still a beautiful copy :applause:

Thank you all, I appreciate the feedback...I'm betting based on averages it's about an 8.5 but if pressed could go to 9.0. I plan on keeping it so I'll probably forgo the pressing. I wish all my GA comics were this nice!

Scans a bit small but is that a stain on the top edge of the book? Those creases on the back look pretty noticable and is there a dust shadow on the top left edge of the spine or is that a spine roll (thinking its a dust shadow?). Also, is there a bit of a staple pull at the bottom? 7.5 to 8.0.

I've attached bigger scans so more can be seen. There is no spine roll. I'm not sure about how to judge staple pull. It's attached really well together. When do you start to judge staple pull? I think it's just generally where the staple is located.

img221-1.jpg

img222-1.jpg