• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another big find surfaces in Siegel / Superman copyright docs

85 posts in this topic

Hey there guys, I was just talking with Roy Thomas, and he did end up printing these restored Keaton strips in Alter Ego #88 (August 2009). Titled, "Superman created by Jerry Siegel & Russell Keaton," the article briefly describes the discovery of these strips, and in addition to these 9 strips, provides a photo of Keaton, and the Siegel letter providing Keaton with a possible -script. This latter one, though, I wish I had restored for them as well...

Anyhow, while Thomas didn't credit Jayman or myself (he said many people sent him strips, and I guess our info got lost in the process), it's great that more fans were able to see our collaboration.

Hey there guys, I was just talking with Roy Thomas, and he did end up printing these restored Keaton strips in Alter Ego #88 (August 2009). Titled, "Superman created by Jerry Siegel & Russell Keaton," the article briefly describes the discovery of these strips, and in addition to these 9 strips, provides a photo of Keaton, and the Siegel letter providing Keaton with a possible -script. This latter one, though, I wish I had restored for them as well...

Anyhow, while Thomas didn't credit Jayman or myself (he said many people sent him strips, and I guess our info got lost in the process), it's great that more fans were able to see our collaboration.

Roy Thomas is my all-time favorite comic writer. I mean it is not even close. His Alter Ego fanzine/magazine is by far the best of its type in comic history. But Roy, at least the one time I met him, didn't live up to the billing.

At a convention I co-sponsored in New Orleans back in the mid 90s, Roy was a guest. One of the rudest, most aloof comics creators I ever met. Very disappointing. Contrast that to Shelly Moldoff or Walt Simonson, two of the nicest guys I've ever met in the hobby.

Just got the latest Alter Ego (#102) and Jayman and I are finally credited for the restoration. I always imagine Roy Thomas's desk being piled high in old paperwork :)