• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This so called modern age is huge.....

13 posts in this topic

....1980 -present? When will we see the next"Age" and what will it be called. I beleive 1980-1992 was what I call the "New Wave Age" and that Image started the age we are in now-possibly the "Image Age", or do we really need "Ages" in the first place?

I agree with the 92- 98 Image age... there seemed to be a lull in 1998-2000 - I spent most of this time flipping Top Cow variants - you couldn't get me to buy Marvel or DC then...but I'd have to say 2000 and on can be considered the Ultimate MArvel age or Quesada Age - Maybe Comic book Movie Age... tongue.gif

I liked the early 80's myself, but maybe that's because that's when I really started reading comics. I really liked some of the Avengers stuff from back them, as well as some of the storylines from the X-Men and Spider-Man(Amazing and Peter Parker)...I also loved the first Secret Wars.....

I grew up in the 70's with the Marvel Bronze(the best age-biased), and the art and stroies from the 80's just seemed kinda slack, and you had Marvel producing X-amount no matter what the demand and DC never cut there printing off it seemed like, plus I think the cat's had gotten fat and greedy(Marvel) and it damn near ruined them.

I've always loved the Bronze Age stuff as well, and definitely remember what you were talking about in the mid 80's, where it all seemed to go downhill, and it seemed like the overexposure of characters by Marvel was really beginning. That's when I really got out of collecting new issues, when it seemed like the number of new titles really exploded....

There are several other threads here that address this directly (someone here might be able to offer links), but I suggest you might want to read our article on the Ages in the latest Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide (#33). We've been soliciting opinions on Bronze Age dates and post-Bronze Ages for over a year now, and we're still running lots of feedback in the Price Review and on Scoop at scoop.diamondgalleries.com. We expect to return to this topic in a big way in the upcoming Price Guide (#34).

Arnold

Thanks, and I've read it-good piece. I beleive 1980-92 was an age "New Wave" "Crisis" "Gluttony" any of those would do just fine. 1992- present the "Image Age", why still "Image Age" because Mr. Image him self Jim Lee is still a major player in the Industry-just ask DC about Hush(not that you are not aware of this, just making a point.) I'll be sure to put in my 2-cents worth, or you can just remember it and count my votes/opinions yourself since you are linked with something in the "know"-peace.