• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Clapton likes comics

8 posts in this topic

I am reading Eric Clapton's autobiography- the man has lived a life quite different than mine. To sum it up- he takes a lot of drugs, drinks lots of alcohol, makes a lot of female friends, and plays guitar. I can't put the book down. But he also comments that he liked comics when he was kid. Here he is on the cover of the album he made with John Mayall in 1966 reading "Beano" (I suppose a British comic- I had not heard of it before.)

Blues Breakers John Mayall with Eric Clapton

According to his autobiography, he was in a pissy mood that day and did not want to talk with anyone.

I have the Eric Clapton bio comic book, never read it but its a nice odd piece of memorabilia.

Eric has a comic, Nice..... have you guys read the MF Grimm trade by DC. He's an underground MC that used to go by the name Grimm Reaper back in the early 90's. Really really good read..... and if you ever get the chance check out some of his songs.

I am reading Eric Clapton's autobiography- the man has lived a life quite different than mine. To sum it up- he takes a lot of drugs, drinks lots of alcohol, makes a lot of female friends, and plays guitar. I can't put the book down. But he also comments that he liked comics when he was kid. Here he is on the cover of the album he made with John Mayall in 1966 reading "Beano" (I suppose a British comic- I had not heard of it before.)

Blues Breakers John Mayall with Eric Clapton

According to his autobiography, he was in a pissy mood that day and did not want to talk with anyone.

If you think the cover is cool, you should hear the rest of the LP! Listen to "Steppin' Out", and you'll hear Clapton essentially inventing both the tone, attack, and (for 1966 at least) the speed of hard rock guitar. I still think it's the best thing he ever recorded ("Crossroads" on Wheels of Fire by Cream is a close second). Indispensible to both blues and Rock fans!