• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Latest FF...

8 posts in this topic

Caution, sign-rantpost.gif ahead.

In the latest FF, the American Army is massing on the borders of Latveria. According to the story, these are elite US forces. If that's the case, why is the soldier carrying a World War II era Garand carbine instead of a 21st century M-16?

One of the things that really bugs me about comics is how lazy the creators can get sometimes. How much research would it have taken the artist to discover what rifle the US army uses in 2003 and what it looks like? I figure with the Internet, about 30 seconds.

Sean -

I thought the exact same thing when I saw that. For a second, I thought it was some kind of flashback. confused.gif

Brian -

The artist is Howard Porter (inked by Norm Rapmund). I'm not a big fan of it either. I had kind of gotten used to Weirengo's "Disney" style.

I am still enjoying the story very much though.

Chris

Reed dead? Say it ain't so....they were too busy drawing parallels to Iraq that they overlooked the gun details...or maybe they are saying...antiquted waeponry to take over a backwards medieval country like Latveria???
feh, my guess is that they ran out of the current M-16, so they ended up opening their warehouses for weaponry =P

Since it is a UN led action, the USA was required to use old WWII left over stuff laying around in Europe. This is so that it would be more sporting for the other side because the UN doesn't really want to win a war...just make a little money from it.

Okay, actually the artist was just lazy and did not do his homework. This was also the artist's loss because he had the opportunity to draw some of the neat stuff that Nick Fury could be using against the FF. If your gonna be lazy and copy something...then copy the old S.H.I.E.L.D. equipment...now that would be crazy.