• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Market Data on CAF now Free?!

18 posts in this topic

Bill sent the existing subscribers an email on this.

Basically, he was able to convince ebay to give him the info for free, but of course eBay won't let you charge for it if you are getting it free from them, so it is now free to everyone.

Regards,

Malvin

Whether Bill Cox gets the info for free or not, or whether Heritage foots the bill or not, it is immaterial.

Bill Cox works very very hard to provide us the great CAF web site that he keeps up and running on a regular basis, and there is no way to quantify the hours of enjoyment that we all receive from looking at all the great art on CAF. Even as a non-premium member, Bill was very quick to respond to my questions and answer my concerns. In today's day and age, that is simply remarkable.

Some kind of comics based award should be given to Bill Cox for not only providing us our own little slice of the internet to call home, but also, now providing us some market data about the public transactions in this hobby.

Thanks so very much Bill!

- A

I completely agree with Artemis and Dan.

I met Bill at SDCC a few years ago when he introduced himself. Super nice guy and is always responsive to questions via e-mail.

The free market data is just another example of him helping expand the hobby.

Cheers!

Nelson

When I first found out it was going to be free, I tried to convince him to only make market data available for premium members, but as I've said, that couldn't be done since ebay is giving him the info free.

I think everyone who uses marketdata should sign up for premium membership if they haven't already.

Malvin

As I am in agreement with everyone on this thread, right after I put up my post, I signed up for premium membership. Like Dan said, the most persuasive way of saying thank you is with cold hard cash (sent via PayPal, of course)!

Thanks again Bill!

- A

As I am in agreement with everyone on this thread, right after I put up my post, I signed up for premium membership. Like Dan said, the most persuasive way of saying thank you is with cold hard cash (sent via PayPal, of course)!

Thanks again Bill!

- A

(thumbs u

Way to go, A!

Thanks again Bill!

- A

(thumbs u

Way to go, A!

And all you guy who are already premium membership holders with market data subscriptions it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to take the refund Bill would send you for the unused portion of the paid market data subscription and donate it back to the site. (thumbs u

C

And all you guy who are already premium membership holders with market data subscriptions it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to take the refund Bill would send you for the unused portion of the paid market data subscription and donate it back to the site. (thumbs u

C

I second that, I did that exact same thing, it is only a pitance compared to a piece of OA, and it's the least we can do.

Malvin