• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How long will it be before ComicConnect takes over ComicLink?

28 posts in this topic

CC is trying to gain a foothold. I received a voucher in the mail the other day good for submitting 1 book for their upcoming event auction with 0% seller's commission. In other words, I get 100% of the purchase price.

You can't go wrong with that sort of a deal!

hm Well.. I think you still can actually... theoretically speaking.

If less buyers in general and/or the buyers "most in the market" for that particular item don't peruse the ComicConnect auction (assuming no reserve is in place) and it sells for 11% or more less than it would have in a different venue like Clink or Pedigree... you lost.

(shrug)

Problem is... It's almost impossible to verify. You'd need a "Parallel Earth" to know for sure, consigning the same item to 2 different venues.

If presented that option (right now)... 0% on ComicConnect or paying the 10% on Clink or Pedigree... which do you think most would choose? Remember ComicConnect tried this promotion on their launch and I only know 1-2 people that threw a few items up.

Try a poll and see.

They're saying that their auction set up is NOT like Herirage's where a buyer pays an "additional" percentage on top of his bid... as opposed to a straight consignment only fee to the seller alone as is the case with Clink Focused and Pedigree Grand Auctions

thanks, they look user friendly.I will try them out.

As comic book fans, it's hard to resist "Hulk vs. Thing" type discussions, but at the same time, we have to remember we're all in this hobby (and business) for the love of a common interest. C-Link is run by smart folks who are good at what they do. The people at Heritage and Pedigree are also good guys who know comics and work hard. In terms of exploring doing business with ComicConnect, please feel free to send questions, comments and suggestions our way. We don't check the boards regularly, but can be reached via support@comicconnect.com or by calling 212.895.3999.

There are more details about the upcoming September Event Auction via the homepage. Settling the question of which will sell for more, AF #15 CGC 8.5 vs. Showcase #4 CGC 9.4, will certainly make for an exciting spectator sport. There is still a window of time to contact us about consignments for inclusion in the auction, and the owners are offering up to $500,000 cash advances for good collections. I think bidders will be pleasantly surprised by a number of great books going into the auction at no reserve.

On a side note, there will be a beta for an interesting new feature for members going live on ComicConnect in a few days -- probably next week. Feedback on that will be welcome.

Happy Collecting!

Ben Smith

ComicConnect.com

MetropolisComics.com

ShowOffMyComics.com

ComicZoneRadio.com

Consign now to the next ComicConnect Event Auction, running Sept. 14th through 27th & 28th. To see previewed lots, go to http://www.comicconnect.com/?surl=EventAuction