• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What happened to...Robert Roter? (etc.)

30 posts in this topic

I wonder why he isn't around anymore.

Quite likely that he burned too many bridges. Maybe he's the one responsible for the sky high prices on several Comic Link listings.

Actually, shouldn't really say, but he seems to be accepting 50-65% of the asking price on those PC books of his on the site. I've nabbed a few after just one counter bid.

Does he need the cash right now (shrug)

Either way, it seems the clink as an intermidary is great way to get books off a guy like this.

I wouldn't do business with Roter if he was selling an action 1 in NM for $50,000... simple as that....he is a crook, and rips folks off, and should be shunned by the hobby (if they only knew)... end of my rant, and no futher details will be given, unless I am asked to testify in court

:o That is the harshest thing you have ever said about anyone that I know of!

I always got a square deal from him...I bought a lot of White Mountian books from him....but c'mon...lets hear some good Roter stories!

Bill

He, I, and Chris Pedrin pretended to be members of the Gatti crime family at Scores in Manhattan one night. We were very drunk. Had lots of fun though.

I wouldn't do business with Roter if he was selling an action 1 in NM for $50,000... simple as that....he is a crook, and rips folks off, and should be shunned by the hobby (if they only knew)... end of my rant, and no futher details will be given, unless I am asked to testify in court

sad but true....

Yikes. :o

I was just going to say that, Rick is even nice to not nice people... :o

I'm putting that guy on my do not do anything list...

He, I, and Chris Pedrin pretended to be members of the Gatti crime family at Scores in Manhattan one night. We were very drunk. Had lots of fun though.

I was there, but I was too busy staring at the beautiful women to be pretending.

It was pretty obvious I was just a slobbering goofball!

I remember Robert's partner Todd (?) looked so nervous and uncomfortable. I don't think he had been in a strip club before.

I was there, but I was too busy staring at the beautiful women to be pretending.

It was pretty obvious I was just a slobbering goofball!

I remember Robert's partner Todd (?) looked so nervous and uncomfortable. I don't think he had been in a strip club before.

Yep, Todd looked terrified that he might get touched by a woman. And yes, you were a slobbering goofball, but we had a blast.