• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!

1,155 posts in this topic

:devil: Hiyo!

Uhh!? Do you mean in a single post, oneasian? Are you saying that this thread is so grand, so beautiful, so colorful, so elegant, so breath-taking, and so etc. that your poor computer connection cannot handle the overall beauty of this thread?

I wonder has your computer frozen a few times, because of the sheer magnitude of beauty from just the scans/pictures of DC books/series in the Age of Moderns!?

Well my friend, oneasian, I must take what you say as a compliment and I hope you have extra money for new graphic card cause when I finish posting all of my Final Crisis... your computer probably gonna break down crying in sheer pain after just a glance (just a little glance) at the beauty of the Final Crisis!

lol ... your computer is having its own... Final Crisis! :roflmao:

P.S.

I will come up with a new warning for those with weak constitution of the computer... so that they are fairly warned that their computer's are at risk of dropping dead (or freezing) at the sight of this thread in all its DC glory!

P.S.S.

Its seem to me that your computer has SUBMIT to THE WILL of DC! How long do you think you can RESIST!? SUBMIT OR DIE!!!

:wishluck: Hiyo!

It has been foretold of this day... that the world will suffer yet again, but this will be its... Final Crisis!

No one knows there was a war in heaven... and evil has won! Now begins Round Two! :devil:

WARNING! This thread/post contains many beautifully illustrated covers created by DC during the Age of Moderns, that due to the amount displayed on this thread... it may cause you to have heart attacks and/or a stroke!

scan0027-2.jpg

scan0028-2.jpg

scan0029-2.jpg

Muahahaha!!! :devil:Round Three comes soon!

Hint: There shall be a great burning and fire shall engulf the one who thought could change the outcome!

:busy: Hiyo!

"It was foretold that a certain man will have its revenge for the transgressions of one, who was not of this planet and that dared to considered himself... an hero! May he burn in the fires of hatred and be consumes with the wrath of unimaginable pain and suffer so harshly, that the bellowing of his soul that cries in pains reachs his creator and makes even him... weep. For know this! Any man or being who tries to take on the characteristics of an hero... be prepared to suffer the ultimate lost of their sanity and body, because villains take no prisoners nor show no mercy upon the... self-righteous do-gooders!" by UnRested Spectre

Let Round Three be shown! :headbang:

WARNING! This thread/post contains many beautifully illustrated covers created by DC during the Age of Moderns, that due to the amount displayed on this thread... it may cause you to have heart attacks and/or a stroke!

scan0030-2.jpg

scan0031-2.jpg

:kidaround: Hiyo!

"When the world (supposively) colides upon itself, you should think that (at least) you should/shall finally know all the truths in existence... where lies are pointed out and all is known. It is (suppose) in the end, where the we shall find absolution in our never-ending quest know all the questions and all the answers. Though that is what should be, but never is something of such great value be handed or revealed so easily, but where does that leave us? It leaves us... to read and scan the clues given (in story) to understand the full scope of the and/or our reality, in hope in time that the revelations will speak clearly in our minds to seek the absolution of turths & lies in our... final crisis." by UnRested Spectre

:signofftopic: ... Let Round Four Begin! :headbang:

scan0032-2.jpg

scan0033-2.jpg

scan0034-2.jpg

scan0035-2.jpg

scan0036-2.jpg

scan0037-2.jpg

:news:Here-ye, here-ye! Round Five comes soon with a rogue theme!

(Just go with this!)

:sumo: : Hello sir, can I get your name!?

:o : My name... boy, do you know who I am!?

:sumo: : Sir, this is a private party and there is a list and I am going to need your name... to go in!

:o : You want my name huh!? Sure... why not!?

( :o ... uppercuts :sumo: ... and starts to yell!)

:o : I'M THE MUTHA- F-U-C-K-I-N-G, G-O-S-H-D-A-M-N BATMAN !!! That's who I am!

:roflmao: .... sorry, been re-reading... All-Star Batman and Robin, the Boy Wonder series.

^^ Hiyo!

Sorry, I have been neglecting my duties to this thread... been working lots of overtime to pay for bills and comics!

Round Five... will finally commence! (thumbs u

scan0038-2.jpg

scan0039-2.jpg

scan0040-2.jpg

scan0041-2.jpg

scan0042-2.jpg

Round Six... comes tomorrow! Man, your popcorn must be cold right now since waiting for Rogues... sorry again!

P.S.

Sorry my scanner is down right now so was not able to put up the new Final Crisis: Rogue's Revenge #3 and varient! Forgive me!

IMGP1069.jpg

IMGP1074.jpg

IMGP1075.jpg

Oh my goodness! You know, those Alex Ross covers of Superman books was the main reason why I started to pick up Superman (and also #600-670... made the comic book store owner smile and give me a whole bunch of freebies!) from #674. Geez, the fact that you get them signed in beautiful condition just makes me cry... tears of jealousness!

Oh man where you find the French Connection edition of Batman!? (Its a pun, for those who love puns!) I thought it was limited and selling for $500+!? Don't tell me your rich! (I CANT STAND THE AGONY!)

I am gonna post all of my Justice Society of America books with their respective varient after im finish with my Final Crisis showcase!

P.S.

Does those covers of Final Crisis books just make you tear up for the sear-sight of all that beauty!? Its not too late to become a convert to the side of DC! The force is STTTTRRROOOONNNGGG with you! (My best Lord Sedious!) Choose and aligned yourself with the Light-side of DC and not the Dark-side of Marvel!

P.S.S.

We give out free light-sabers for every $150 purchases of only DC books!

Round Six... let the drooling begin!

:boo: Hiyo!

scan0044-2.jpg

scan0045-2.jpg

lol ... by the power of Grant Morrison... by-golly I finally finished it!!!

(Yes, the 3-D or 4-D glasses are still attached in these books! I used my old pair from an old Nintendo racing-game from back in the day to read my read-copy of Final Crisis: Superman Beyond 3D #1)

P.S.

Perfect end to a great showcase of Final Crisis books, so far! Justice Society of America books coming soon... so get your popcorn ready!

P.S.S.

Sorry gonna be a few day before I can post some more of my books... my internet on my computer had to uninstalled and now to be re-install in a few days. Good thing I already had these scans done for my Final Crisis books, but gonna be a while before new scans since my printer/scanner link to my computer and not the one I have been using as of lately.

Got some great DC covers in the FS forums, and a Bats 608 2nd will be up there tonight

Hey you, Gone Phishin'! No loittering in this thread... unless you have some covers to display!

I guess that bit of... rantrant is out the way! So lets get back to making this the best it can be!

Hey!? Where's been the DC cover love been going? We need to make this thread so popular that we get one of those sticky things... so that this thread topic can be proudly displayed at the top of the list in greatness! We need to appeal to the moderators or the Collector Society Message Board Gods!

Let's start this one off with... a flash! ( :roflmao: ... Puns are the great comedy-tools of this age!)

scan0001-3.jpg

P.S.

Sorry for the deleted covers! Had some issues with my cover pics! I will re-post Final Crisis... upon the completion of the entire series!

P.S.S.

Hold onto your horses cause I am gonna unleashed Gotham on you! (Wonder what that means!?)

:tonofbricks: Hiyo!

Ah Ha! Guess who's back for another round of posting of beautiful covers in the world of DC!

(Thinks to himself: Its not the Joker... or maybe I am the Black Glove?)

Muahahaha! Maybe I am the psycho-wanna-be-rich-playboy-dark knight... Hush!?

(Voice inside my head: Hush you fool! Do not tell them your identity yet! We need to stay R.I.P, insufficiently_thoughtful_person!)

Darn it! Get out my head Didio! I am not like Grant Morrison! The world needs to know...!

(Bam Bam Bam! Gun falls from his hand as the body collapses to the floor.)

Unknown whispers from the dead body: Ladies and gentleman... we will now commence the posting!

scan0002-3.jpg

scan0003-3.jpg

scan0004-3.jpg

scan0005-3.jpg

scan0006-3.jpg

scan0007-3.jpg

scan0008-3.jpg

scan0009-3.jpg

P.S.

Unknown whispers coming from the dead body: I am so sorry for the earlier disruptions and you will be fully compensated for the lost in time spent on hearing the ravings of a madma...

(Dead body stands and throws himself against the wall hitting his head!)

No! I will not be silenced! (Starts to spit up blood) Its not really Batman! Didio is using Jedi-mind tricks! Trying to kill Barbar... (coffs up blood)... Birds of Prey serie... (clinches his head) Nightwing and Robin seri... (starts to shake crazily! Blood is flying everywhere!)

(Collapses to the floor)

Unknown whispers from the dead body: No need to worry everyone! Please clear the thread.. we are having difficulties that requires no witnesses!

(Dead body's arm starts to move and the hand grabs the gun on the floor. Bam Bam Bam Bam!)

Hi all, I'll join in with some covers gladly. Here are some of my favourites for now, I'll add some scans shortly...

Batman608RRPEditionCGC94Small.jpg

Batman497CGC9Small.jpg

Batman612CGC98SSSeriesSmall.jpg

^^ Hiyo!

Oh my goodness I totally love those covers! I definitely need them because I have not read them, but man that Batman/Hush cover looks so cool! Plus, the Superman choking Batman into submission is superb and you got it signed!? I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!

You my friend, Boozad, are definitely welcome in here and I hope you stay and contribute with your beautiful covers!

P.S.

Looks like you can give old oneasian a run for his money! Cause those books are in top form!

Thanks Spectre!

The Batman #608 was a Grail of mine, and it was a snip at $720. I could only find 9.4's at the time but I'm more than happy with that. Considering there are reportedly only 500 out there, and only around 250 on CGC's census it'll be hard to beat for me.

The #612 Superman cover is one of my favourite Batman issues too, very well written by Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee's artwork is beautiful. It's great to have their signatures on there!

I do have Tony Daniel Sig Series of #676 and #677 variants too, but their covers had already been posted so I left them out.

I'll gladly stay and add covers, and thanks for the kudos on the books!

:signfunny: Hiyo!

Well I guess my little skit I did when posting last, did not leave any lasting impression on anyone. Well fine then! see if I care then... (starts to give the thread an razzberry!)

(Wipes his mouth)

Well lets see... I think I need to step up my game and post some nicer beauties... even though none are graded, or signed, but they are beauties nonetheless!

After this posting... I may be green with envy! (Pun or no pun? That is the question!?)

scan0010-3.jpg

scan0011-3.jpg

scan0012-3.jpg

scan0013-3.jpg

scan0014-3.jpg

scan0015-3.jpg

:makepoint: Hiyo!

I may not be green with envy, but darn-it... I burn with yellow and fear of others out-performing me!

GIVE ME A YELLOW STICKY FOR THIS FORUM!!! (Stupid Sinestro's Guardians of the Collector Society Universe Corps!)

Now I wonder why I left the Red Lantern Corps... with all this rage in me!? Oh yeah! Too many blood-spewning parties!

I would go to the Orange Lantern Corps, but they owe me five dollars and my wallet!

Blue Lantern Corps sounds interesting (at first), but I get tired of hearing that dude saying, "Have hope... more will join soon!" What a load! Its been 2 years and they still only got 1 member! Shoot they could not even get me a ring cause the guardian only had power for one!

Black Lanterns are worster than Goth-chicks! I am going back to the Green Lanterns Corps... and here is how I can get them to take me back!

scan0017-3.jpg

scan0018-3.jpg

scan0019-3.jpg

scan0020-3.jpg

scan0021-3.jpg

P.S.

I joined the Sapphire Lantern Corps one time... no one or man could last in that corps for more than three days! All of them kept telling me their stories of how they lost their first or second love! I never in my life saw so much crying in my life! Plus, majority of them are transsexuals!