• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!

1,155 posts in this topic

:hi: Hiyo!

I... :sumo: ... remain optimistic that the thread will pick up and the thread will overflow with beautiful DC Modern Age covers of great titles!

Here a double bonus of covers from two beautifuls, I totally dig!

scan0095.jpg

scan0096.jpg

scan0097.jpg

scan0098.jpg

scan0099.jpg

scan0100.jpg

(Time for a pychodelic-shock!)

scan0058.jpg

scan0059.jpg

scan0060.jpg

scan0061.jpg

scan0062.jpg

:headbang: ... lets keep bringing the DC love people!

unrested spectre.. do you collect EVERY modern title? jeez

:insane: ... not every Modern title for DC. Some I just dont have the money too pick up right now.

Plus, I only showing off my first 100 covers thats in Mylars and hope to have more in Mylars to scan and show off. So, no Countdown covers yet!

:acclaim: ... :cloud9: ... new day mean a new crop of great DC Modern Age covers! Check 'em out!

scan0072.jpg

scan0073.jpg

scan0074.jpg

scan0075.jpg

scan0076.jpg

scan0077.jpg

scan0078.jpg

scan0079.jpg

:cloud9: ... love this series with StarFire! (She's so hot!) Oh! Animal Man and Adam are cool too!

P.S.

:baiting: ... come on guys... cant do this all by myself! (shrug) ... wheres the DC love at?

:acclaim: ... we graduated to page two! :cry: .... not many contributors! Are their no Modern Age... DC readers? ( (shrug) ) I know you guys are out there! Monthly sales reports on the amount of new moderns titles for DC tells me that... there someone picking up the comics.

Dont let peer-pressure from the comic community to tell what DC titles to read... embrace your (What I like to call!)... Secret Modern Age DC Collection... and show them (Here!) that your not afraid or ashamed that you picked-up titles like... Blue Beetle, Catwoman, or even ManHunter!

With that all said... let us move on to my next (double-dose) crop of Modern Age covers from DC... I love this part!

scan0030.jpg

scan0031.jpg

scan0032.jpg

scan0033.jpg

scan0034.jpg

scan0035.jpg

:cloud9: ... now for the second dose!

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0004.jpg

scan0005.jpg

scan0006.jpg

P.S. :baiting: ... *Show me... THE DC LOVE !!! (*Guess this movie pun!)

:cry: ... do you not like me? :sumo: ... I must remain optimistic! This thread will pick up soon!

:luhv: ... in the meantime! Here is a new day to show off another crop of great covers of modern DC titles!

( :cloud9: ... you got to love these great pieces!)

scan0007.jpg

scan0008.jpg

(My favorite cover of this series... (thumbs u )

scan0009.jpg

scan0010.jpg

scan0011.jpg

You know... I feel like in a giving mood! How bout a second dose! :acclaim:

(Now this is the first series of DC comics I ever bought! This what got me into comics!)

scan0013.jpg

scan0014.jpg

scan0015.jpg

scan0016.jpg

scan0017.jpg

(This is the best issue of this series and especially the bit on how Black Adam figured out his word!)

scan0018.jpg

:pullhair: ... I bring the love and all you guys gotta do is... bring the scans! :baiting:

(tsk) So today is the first week of Football and I am so... :acclaim: ! With that said... I shall post the final ten great comic covers in my collection thats in Mylites/Mylars.

(Lets get this party started off right! :cloud9: )

scan0020.jpg

scan0021.jpg

scan0022.jpg

scan0023.jpg

(Now for the 2nd comic series I ever collected! :luhv: )

scan0024.jpg

scan0025.jpg

scan0026.jpg

scan0027.jpg

scan0028.jpg

scan0029.jpg

:o ... 100 posted comics from my collection thats in Mylites/Mylars! It feels great and also those covers look great... :luhv:

Long time no see! Ah ha! My strategy of letting the pot sit... boiled me some new scans/pics of great DC Modern Covers!

So I was thinking that I wouldnt post any new scans of my collection until I get them in Mylite2/Mylars, but I am not the type to sit idlely by (For long!) and let you all have the fun!

So I am gonna post my pre-mylite2/mylar DC Moderns Covers in Alphabetical order in my collection down to the last book... even though some you might not see some since they belong to the Silver Age and Bronze or Copper (Still up for debate)!

Here we go! The man who can kill Batman by just breathing on him!

scan0001-1.jpg

:jokealert:

(Here he goes now! Favorite cover by Gary Frank (Whoever he is!) (thumbs u

scan0002-1.jpg

scan0003-1.jpg

(Darn, Brainiac looks creepy! Like in Aliens!)

scan0004-1.jpg

Now for the best pun-comic ever! I give you...

scan0005-1.jpg

Keep raining in the new DC Modern Covers love! :acclaim: ... :cloud9:

Thanks for posting these, I know it takes time to do all those scans. Some really good covers there.

Well, well... thanks for that! I do my best trying to balance the balances of comic justice!

Now sorry for no posting yesterday... got really tried and had to go to work early! So let me post today's and what was gonna be for yesterday! Thats a total of 10 beauties of DC's new moderns!

scan0006-1.jpg

(I miss this sexy beast! Asian got back! (thumbs u )

scan0007-1.jpg

scan0008-1.jpg

(Now lets get... Outside! :cloud9: )

scan0009-1.jpg

scan0010-1.jpg

(Now for today's beauties! Get back... Outside... you! lol:cloud9: )

scan0011-1.jpg

scan0012-1.jpg

scan0013-1.jpg

(Favorite cover ever for this series! Look... and see! lol:luhv: )

scan0014-1.jpg

scan0015-1.jpg

:popcorn: ... I keep bring the popcorn and DC love... you just bring me your scan collection of DC's moderns!

* :sumo: Hiyo! <---(*Trying something new!)

:luhv: ... my books looks so beautiful on this thread! The thanks has to go to my plush (but sturdy) pillow I read all my comics on so that I dont have to hold nor touch my comics... unless to turn the page.

So... (worship) ... thanks! My plush pillow!

So lets see whats on todays new books on the block!? Todays gonna be a special! Not just five books are gonna be shown, but 6 books!

(shrug) ... doesnt get better than that, eh? Maybe if I showed 7, but thats too much and maybe will give yah a stroke when looking at so much and so many beauties at onces, right!?

I think I should put a diclaimer on here that goes like this...

"WARNING! This thread contains many beautfully illustrated covers created during the great on-going "Modern Age" covers by DC, that due to the amount displayed on this thread... it may cause you to have heart attacks and/or a stroke!"

lol:devil:lol:luhv:

Now with that out of the way! Lets release the heart-throbs!!!

scan0016-1.jpg

scan0017-1.jpg

scan0018-1.jpg

scan0019-1.jpg

(Now! This is a great little mini by Sam Kieth that everyone should have! (thumbs u )

scan0020-1.jpg

scan0021-1.jpg

Remember! ANTI-LIFE = LONELINESS + ALIENATION + FEAR + DESPAIR + SELF - WORTH / MOCKERY! Submit your will to DC!