• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hopefully... Official: DCU "Modern Covers" Appreciation Thread!

1,155 posts in this topic

Alot was happening in the "Lightning Saga" If I had to try and remember, I can only vaguely say that the winged femme you're referring to must be a member of the Legion of Super Heroes

Yeah, it's Dawnstar from LoSH.

:sick: Hiyo!

Thanks! Man, Legion of Super-Heroes has been off my radar to pick up for a long time... does not mean I am gonna start now, but maybe pick up the trade paperbacks for the current on-going series run.

I am surprised no one posted the scan for the All-star Batman error variant. I probably over paid for it but I have one (paid roughly $70-80 for it).

batman10variant.jpg

Rock on! I love it! Sorry guys for no Countdown books today... will be some tomorrow! Keep up the DC cover's in the Age of Moderns!

Great covers guys! Thanks for taking the time to post them (thumbs u

:takeit: Hiyo!

Thanks for the appreciation! I must say I feel sad when people sell off their moderns for exorbent prices, because they feel the storys nowadays... are trash. All the storys may be rehashes of older storys, but lets have a open mind (Hopefully not open wallets) when picking up varies titles in the... Age of Moderns!

Bonds25, I hope you can contribute one day to this ever growing thread! Bring on the hype! :headbang:

Sorry, for this past few days of non-Countdown posts! Now time for redemption! (thumbs u

First...

WARNING! This thread/post contains many beautfully illustrated covers created by DC during the Age of Moderns, that due to the amount displayed on this thread... it may cause you to have heart attacks and/or a stroke!

scan0057-1.jpg

(Who doesn't Donna Troy wear an outfit like this! Mini-skirt Wonder Woman.. YOOWSA! :wishluck: )

scan0058-1.jpg

(I hope Karate Kid uses... oder eaters for his feet! lol )

scan0059-1.jpg

scan0060-1.jpg

scan0061-1.jpg

Part Two, of Countdown... coming soon to a post near this one! :popcorn:

Part Two!

:banana: Hiyo!

First thing first!

WARNING! This thread/post contains many beautfully illustrated covers created by DC during the Age of Moderns, that due to the amount displayed on this thread... it may cause you to have heart attacks and/or a stroke!

(Something "special" for the Countdown... countdown! lol ... im so funny!)

scan0062-1.jpg

scan0063-1.jpg

scan0064-1.jpg

scan0065-1.jpg

scan0066-1.jpg

scan0067-1.jpg

scan0068-1.jpg

scan0069-1.jpg

Part Three, coming in a post after this one! :popcorn: ... get your popcorn ready! (Darn, Terrell Owens!)

Whoohoo! Part Three!

^^ Hiyo!

(Back to Countdown... to Final Crisis!?)

scan0070-1.jpg

scan0071-1.jpg

(When I saw this cover in my local comic shop... I had to get it and read it! :cloud9: )

scan0072-1.jpg

(Hands down the best cover in the Countdown cover run! (thumbs u )

scan0073-1.jpg

scan0074-1.jpg

Part Four! Oh my are we going for a record? Keep your popcorn stock up! :popcorn:

Part Four! Lets get ready to... RRRRUUUUMMMMBBBLLLLEEEE!

:news: Hiyo!

scan0076-1.jpg

scan0075-1.jpg

scan0077-1.jpg

scan0078-1.jpg

scan0079-1.jpg

scan0080-1.jpg

scan0081-1.jpg

scan0082-1.jpg

scan0083-1.jpg

scan0084-1.jpg

Whoa! man my eyes are watery... due to the stunning effect of great DC covers in the... Age of Moderns! Come on people... *please tread on my thread!

I love *puns! :luhv:

:gossip: Hiyo!

Welcome, welcome! Its been pretty beautiful,... these past few posts and now to the conclusion of... Countdown, begins!

scan0085-1.jpg

scan0086-1.jpg

scan0087-1.jpg

scan0088-1.jpg

scan0089-1.jpg

scan0090-1.jpg

scan0091-1.jpg

scan0092-1.jpg

scan0093-1.jpg

scan0094-1.jpg

scan0095-1.jpg

Its been a happy run! Anyone got a long run to show... maybe the series, 52? Come on! I need your help to keep this thread growing beautifully!

:baiting: ... get off that cushion pad in your computer chair and show me some DC... Age of Moderns , love!

One of my favorite covers of the RIP variant run so far... and I got it for cover :headbang:

sc001d7bcf.jpg

:hi: Hiyo!

Hey guys sorry to have been gone for so long! Been having kind-of down as of lately since... the United States Senate and House passed that $850 Billion - $1 Trillion Wall-Street Bailout Package. I also been so bummed-out as of lately that... I having been unable to pick-up and read any of my lastest new moderns that came out last week Wednesday.

Anyways...

Love the Tony Daniel's varient of Batman #680! :headbang:

I made a mistake and walked out the store without picking one up, but called later at the comic shop to have them put one aside to pick up in two-weeks. Man have I been bummed-out as of lately!

Anyways... let me try and make-up for lost posting, eh? Here comes Round One!

WARNING! This thread/post contains many beautifully illustrated covers created by DC during the Age of Moderns, that due to the amount displayed on this thread... it may cause you to have heart attacks and/or a stroke!

scan0001-2.jpg

scan0002-2.jpg

scan0003-2.jpg

scan0004-2.jpg

Round Two... coming soon! :popcorn: ... Go Washington RedSkins!

:acclaim: ... Round Two, time!

:popcorn: Hiyo!

Anyways... lets get this started, eh? (shrug) ... (thumbs u

WARNING! This thread/post contains many beautifully illustrated covers created by DC during the Age of Moderns, that due to the amount displayed on this thread... it may cause you to have heart attacks and/or a stroke!

scan0005-2.jpg

scan0006-2.jpg

That was a short round, but Round Three... looks promising! Get your popcorn ready! :popcorn:

:o ... Round Three! Oh Boy! :headbang:

:roflmao: Hiyo!

Lets get the ball rolling, eh? lol

scan0007-2.jpg

scan0008-2.jpg

scan0009-2.jpg

scan0010-2.jpg

scan0011-2.jpg

scan0012-2.jpg

Oh boy! You say there's a Round Four!? Really!? Are you pulling my leg like what the Houston Texans claimed to have done!? Huh, wait! Houston lost to the Colts in the last 2:40 of the fourth-quarter... even though they was up by 17-points!?

Sorry to ... :bump: ... you, but its time for Round Four!

:applause: Hiyo!

We are at the final stretch now!

scan0013-2.jpg

scan0014-2.jpg

scan0015-2.jpg

scan0016-2.jpg

scan0017-2.jpg

Hope you like these past four rounds better than the Kimbo Slice match-up yesterday, because this was truly longer than how long Kimbo lasted against the Pink-Haired Fury! MMA so sucks!

:gossip: Hiyo!

Your quite welcome, Bonds25! I hope though you can also help expand this thread even further with some of your great DC covers in the... Age of Moderns!

Sorry for the short and sweet, but Im gonna do these two now and then tomorrow... Final Crisis!

Get your popcorn ready! :popcorn:

This a good read that people should pick-up! Wish it was gritty (art-wise), but ill take it! (thumbs u

scan0018-2.jpg

scan0019-2.jpg

:whatev: Hiyo!

Well how it going folks!? (shrug)

I hope you brought your shades... because im about to unleashed some of the best covers in a DC series to come out in the Age of Moderns, since Justice Society of America started up its second run!

Yeah, that good! (thumbs u ... :headbang:

From the mouth of Cage (Kyle Gass) & Jables (Jack Black) from my favorite movie... The Pick of Destiny

"Dust off the microphones", said by Cage. "What we got is gonna turn your brains into s-h-i-t!", said by Jables.

Ah! Good times, good times! :headbang:

:banana:LET ROUND ONE BEGIN !!! :banana:

scan0020-2.jpg

scan0021-2.jpg

scan0022-2.jpg

scan0023-2.jpg

scan0024-2.jpg

scan0025-2.jpg

scan0026-2.jpg

Ah! May the good Grant Morrison & J. G. Jones be proud to know such high-calibur writing and art in comic book form is being read, preserved, and showcased in all its loveliness!

ANTI-LIFE = LONELINESS + ALIENATION + FEAR + DESPAIR + SELF - WORTH / MOCKERY! ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY LOVE FOR GRANT MORRISON! SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO GRANT MORRISON!

P.S.

Round Two coming next! Hint: I believe there's three things in this Final Crisis's title!

you're still keeping this thread alive! would you mind not posting to many many many covers in a single thread? it takes forever for the page to load for me.

on another note, i'm waiting for some CGC books before I contribute again to the thread.