• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know if the Dentist owns this? (the "real" Superman #1)

47 posts in this topic

Peter,

I think once you get it up and running you should charge board members for a ride around in the block in that thing. I know I would pay for it and take pictures inside of it. Talk about awesome ! Forget about that Pre-Superman page and costume, you got the Bat Mobile !!

this particular fanzine sold at Sothebys in 1991 in the 30k range.

in 2006 it sold for 47k at Heritage.I have it up at [bUY IT NOW] on comiclink along with an Original Christopher Reeve Superman costume[and it is original!]

I consigned it on Clink for 2 reasons.I like Josh and i dont have to worry about losing it in transit[hes local] why not give it a shot.

Wouldn't the costume sell better in an auction geared towards collectors of Hollywood collectibles, rather than comic collectors?

Peter, you say you have this copy, Dave A has another copy, whose is the third? UF has a copy in their archives (available online). If your third copy isn't the same as UFs, then that's another.

I want to say another board member has a copy, but I may be confusing it with another early S&S mimeograph.