• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your violent covers ******Viewer discretion is advised*****

83 posts in this topic

:news:***Viewer discretion is advised*** :news:

Ahead will be some graphic artwork, if you are of the faint of heart or get queasy from blood, you may want to stop and hit the "back" button now.

Anyway, I was going through a pile of what I like to call "oddball" war comics, and I came across this one. This red Korean just got plugged, while nearly sticking it to the US soldier. You rarely see violent covers anymore, at least for modern comics.

Pre-Code comics have many absolutely fantastic covers and are often very graphic and violent. This is extremely tame compared to many covers I've seen, but it's made me want to start a thread to post our most graphic/violent covers. This may well have been done before, and if so, sorry, but we're doing it again. :P

thisiswar6_edited.jpg

So, if you've got any that blow this cover away, then let's see them! If they're war or whatever genre, then let's see them!

Andy (thumbs u

Not too violent perse, but certainly suggestive of the violence in the story contained within.

Crime SuspenStories covers and stories are the prime example of where Wertham had some justification for what he did. How is this title NOT like a training manual for anyone with some tendency towards serial killing?

Fight 31 anyone? Donut? Want another chance to show off your drool-worthy copy?

There are certain covers (and that is obviously one of them) that I feel slightly uncomfortable in seeking out, even though it's a celebrated GA / Atom Age book. After all, it's value is basically due to a portrayal of a man's head being hacked off. That, along with CSS 22 and Fight Against Crime 20 (a copy of which'll soon be in my possesion) are books that I don't show off to anyone not into the Crime or War genres.

That said, I'm still after a copy. Time to repress those pesky moralizing thoughts again.