• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thirty days hath September...

2,822 posts in this topic

a cover I liked since early childhood when I saw this ad in a early issue of Brave and the Bold. These ads were so influential on me in that they were my only source of seeing covers of other books:

bb18ad.jpg

sm117.jpg

Yeah, even collecting in the 70's I loved seeing ads in SA back issues I bought, because that was the only way you ever saw many of those books. The store where I bought back issues had very limited books from the early 60's, and I was lucky to get to a convention more than once every year or two. So when I'd manage to save up and buy an old book one of the first things I'd do is flip through and see if there were any pictures of other books. In fact, I still do it. Great memories!

Is your JIM Thor collection complete?

I own JIM 83-125 and Annual 1, but 2 of the issues are unslabbed. It was a much less expensive run to put together than some of the other early SA Marvel titles, and a fair number of the books were bought before the advent of CGC.

The run has been posted before in its entirety - only a couple of the books have been upgraded since then: my JIM run

JIM118.jpg

Beautiful copy of a classic issue. I've always loved Thor as I think it had some of Jack's best artwork. :applause: