• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another con from the official con men of ebay

64 posts in this topic

They take nice close ups of the JIM 83 that was purchased from the original owner and lo and behold, there is massive color touch on the spine and in the top right corner. And they overgraded it to boot. Someone's going to take a bath on this one.

Here's the link compliments of your friendly dealers, Gus and Greg of Silver Age Comics!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350093538239&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

I agree with Joey....the right edge does look trimmed.

Shark

Nope. That is a normal right edge for that book. You can't tell if that book is trimmed unless in hand but I don't think it is.

R.

Good lord, what a train wreck of a book, let me guess. He dosn't really have the book in hand yet and is going by the consignors decsription and photos.

How convenient.

doh!

Shark

Nope. That is a normal right edge for that book. You can't tell if that book is trimmed unless in hand but I don't think it is.

R.

I compared the location of the issue/date box to other copies centered the same. The full box appears in all of those books that are equally centered. Aside from that I never speculate on trimming off of a scan.

I agree, impossible to tell from just a photo. And who knows if it was miscut during production as well as miswrapped. But the photo of the BC indicates the book was not trimmed.

Regardless, they say the book is ready for CGC.. my bid is in!

:roflmao:

Shark

R.

I compared the location of the issue/date box to other copies centered the same. The full box appears in all of those books that are equally centered. Aside from that I never speculate on trimming off of a scan.

This is a very common printing defect that cannot be analyzed without the book in hand. If you do a search for JIM #83, FF #12 and other books you will see the right hand edge touching the box more often than not. Just like FF #48 is always miswrapped, these two books are often miscut at the right. Don't know why...they just are.

Shark

R.

This is a very common printing defect that cannot be analyzed without the book in hand. If you do a search for JIM #83, FF #12 and other books you will see the right hand edge touching the box more often than not. Just like FF #48 is always miswrapped, these two books are often miscut at the right. Don't know why...they just are.

hm (thumbs u

Color touch? Details? I'm having trouble seeing it. I do see what appears to be tape or tape stains on the spine, though.

Looks like long creases "disappear" when they go into the dark blue box areas and "re-appear" on the opposite side. Touch up probably in the blue areas.

Color touch? Details? I'm having trouble seeing it. I do see what appears to be tape or tape stains on the spine, though.

Looks like long creases "disappear" when they go into the dark blue box areas and "re-appear" on the opposite side. Touch up probably in the blue areas.

The black area on the bottom right is suspect as well. Notice how the diagonal corner crease "stops" as soon as it hits the black area?

hm

I agree, impossible to tell from just a photo. And who knows if it was miscut during production as well as miswrapped. But the photo of the BC indicates the book was not trimmed.

Regardless, they say the book is ready for CGC.. my bid is in!

:roflmao:

"CGC ready"

Just what the does that nonsense mean? Did he perform some ritual in order to get it ready for CGC? Has it been pressed? :insane: What garbage. :screwy: