• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Key Bronze 9.8 Value?

39 posts in this topic

Some may agree! some may not?------as a bronze age key book fanatic---this is what I honestly feel certain bronze key books are worth in CGC 9.8 grade! if you see them listed in that high of grade CGC 9.8----your thoughts?

Hero for Hire #1 $8K-$10K

Marvel spotlight #5 $10K-$12K

Hulk #145 $3K-$5K

Sub-mariner #43 2.5K- $3.5K

Thor #193 # $3K-$5K

Avengers #93 $10K-$12K

Green Lantern #76 $35-$40K

Hulk #181 $20K-$25K

Black covers are in demand and are what drive these prices!!

Doubt that, joe. How many DC Bronze buyers are ready to shell that much for a GL 76? Not many, IMO . It's a different ball game at that point to expect to see such a large number. I'd say 15-19k

I don't know MK. You might be right, but it's hard to say with any real certainty especially with all the price surges going on lately. I'm just going by the multiples that 9.6's and 9.8's usually seem to fetch of 9.4's. Who really knows in this crazy market. Are you saying that you think a GL 76 9.6 would go for "only" 12-13K? and a 9.8 would reach about "only"17-19K? Those numbers don't add up, using the recent sales of 9.4's, and the multiples key 9.46's (and some 9.8's) seem to fetch. It only takes two bidders, and I think there would be, again who can really say (but judging by some recent sales of SA and BA high grade, expensive keys, there seem to be usually at least 3 to 5 or 6 bidders that come within 10-20% of the final sell number), but there would be maybe 3-5 serious bidders with that kind of cash?

The thing about GL 76 that sets it apart is that it is not a DC book. It is a Neal Adams book. To have the only 9.8 in existence of the his most important book of the most important artist in the era would bring a crazy number. Remember, all it takes it two to tango and you get a big number.

If a GL 76 9.8 copy was on the market for 20K Ill write a check tomorrow for that amount. I think you are underestimating the appeal that Adams books has which goes beyond just DC Bronze collectors, GL 76 is basically the DC version of Hulk 181. Whatever difference in demand is more then made up by the rarity of the book in high grade.

Obviously the more 9.6/9.8 copies that appear will effect the final number but if we re talking about 1 9.6 and 1 9.8 on the census there is no way that the GL 76 9.8 does not hit the mid to low 20s at a minimum. I can think of 2-3 people who will go to that area right now so no its not selling for 17-19K. 30K ? Who knows at a certain number the limiting dollar equation comes into play but like Joe said in this market now where any high demand book is jumping seemingly 20% every 6 months Id never say never.

The GL 76' 9.4's have been selling for 7,8,9K lately, so a 9.6 might be worth 15-18K? A 9.8 would shake the market at least at 26, 27K?, if not closer to 30K?

what about that Detective 400 9.8 running around out there? what would someone pay for that? hmm....... :baiting::hi:

I can name at least one person that would chase it.

and I think you are under selling the 9.6 as well. Why do Marvels get all the respect?

Some may agree! some may not!!!------as a bronze age key book fanatic---this is what I honestly feel certain bronze key books are worth in CGC 9.8 grade! if you see them listed in that high of grade CGC 9.8----your thoughts?

Avengers #93 $10K-$12K

i would like to think Avengers 93 9.8 would go for $10K-$12K.

is that true?

One mistake I made in my early bronze age key book CGC 9.8 grade estimated value listing I just corrected----- A G.L 76 in CGC 9.8 would be most likely a $35K- $40K book if one existed in that high of grade. I base these price potentials on the # of CGC 9.8 graded copies out there. We can all dream of seeing a GL 76 in CGC 9.8 grade, but dont hold your breath waiting(smile).

I have looked for a raw copy of GL 76 9.4 all my life with no luck!. I did win a raw copy that looked 9.4/9.6 on ebay for $660.00 years back and the seller had the nerve to tell me the scan was listed by mistake on ebay and the book was not available. A true story.

Hey, bronze collectors out there what do you think bronze age Marvel Magazines in CGC 9.8 grade like Vampire tales #1 , Dracula lives #1 , Tales of the zombie #1, Monsters unleashed #1 are worth in CGC 9.8?(look how many are graded in 9.8 before you answer)--------------your take on these great magazines?

The mags seem to have a limited audience compared to the comics. Do they hold up better in grade then the comic? Are they more structually sturdy? I have not looked at the census for the mags, but still a 9.8 has to be somewhat scarce? And many do have great art, and covers. What is the census showing in these Bill?

Have you seen some of the Adams painted covers from magazines like Savage Tales and the Six Million Dollar Man? Great stuff.

The Savage Tales are pretty popular on the census, however in 9.8. My EPIC magazine in 9.8 with Adams cover is one and only (right now).

Well, here is my spin on what range I feel a few early bronze age marvel magazines should be selling for in CGC 9.8 if some were to grade that high. Dracula lives #1 CGC 9.8 about 2 years ago sold for over $1,200.00 at a heritage auction and I feel today thats a bargain price! being its the only 9.8 copy graded of that great magazine. If that book hit the market today I would not be surprised to see it go for over $2K. Vampire tales #1 in CGC 9.8 I feel is a $1.5K to $2K magazine( there are so far none graded in CGC 9.8). V.T #8 in CGC 9.8 I feel is worth probably $1K to $1.5K. Many bronze age collectors clearly see that with some Key bronze books there is ONLY one or NO CGC 9.8 copies graded copies to be had and CGC has been grading key books now for 10 years! now folks.. To own them in such primo grade is worth gold to serious collectors. Every year the prices paid for bronze age major key books is going skyward at leaps and bounds. Remember the golden rule that a comic is never worth more than what one is willing to pay for it. Nowadays people are paying thousands of dollars for bronze key books in 9.6 and 9.8 when these books go to auction(smile).