• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Key Bronze 9.8 Value?

39 posts in this topic

Doubt that, joe. How many DC Bronze buyers are ready to shell that much for a GL 76? Not many, IMO . It's a different ball game at that point to expect to see such a large number. I'd say 15-19k

Not a chance MK. If a Spidey 50 in 9.8 can sell for $32K, faaar more common book in high grade, no way a GL 76 in 9.8 sells for less on the open market.

Some may agree! some may not!!!------as a bronze age key book fanatic---this is what I honestly feel certain bronze key books are worth in CGC 9.8 grade! if you see them listed in that high of grade CGC 9.8----your thoughts?

Avengers #93 $10K-$12K

i would like to think Avengers 93 9.8 would go for $10K-$12K.

is that true?

I somehow doubt it, just seems like a ridiculous amount even in todays market. What's next closest Avengers 9.8 issue that could command that kind of dollars, #57?

Some may agree! some may not!!!------as a bronze age key book fanatic---this is what I honestly feel certain bronze key books are worth in CGC 9.8 grade! if you see them listed in that high of grade CGC 9.8----your thoughts?

Avengers #93 $10K-$12K

i would like to think Avengers 93 9.8 would go for $10K-$12K.

is that true?

I somehow doubt it, just seems like a ridiculous amount even in todays market. What's next closest Avengers 9.8 issue that could command that kind of dollars, #57?

I think a 57 in 9.8 would far outstrip a 93.

I just talked to a well known comic dealer about the potential value of the GL 76 in 9.8. He told me he has a killer high grade copy vaulted away in his personal collection. He does submit alot of books for grading as he gets collections in from his store. He is going to go check his personal collection and the census may get a new 9.6 or 9.8 by the end of the year. He had no idea that value has errupted on that book and would sell his copy if he can get the grade.

I just talked to a well known comic dealer about the potential value of the GL 76 in 9.8. He told me he has a killer high grade copy vaulted away in his personal collection. He does submit alot of books for grading as he gets collections in from his store. He is going to go check his personal collection and the census may get a new 9.6 or 9.8 by the end of the year. He had no idea that value has errupted on that book and would sell his copy if he can get the grade.

How could a dealer not know what GL 76 has done in the last couple of years? :o

that's what I was thinking.... (shrug)

If a GL 76 9.8 copy was on the market for 20K Ill write a check tomorrow for that amount. I think you are underestimating the appeal that Adams books has which goes beyond just DC Bronze collectors, GL 76 is basically the DC version of Hulk 181. Whatever difference in demand is more then made up by the rarity of the book in high grade.

Obviously the more 9.6/9.8 copies that appear will effect the final number but if we re talking about 1 9.6 and 1 9.8 on the census there is no way that the GL 76 9.8 does not hit the mid to low 20s at a minimum. I can think of 2-3 people who will go to that area right now so no its not selling for 17-19K. 30K ? Who knows at a certain number the limiting dollar equation comes into play but like Joe said in this market now where any high demand book is jumping seemingly 20% every 6 months Id never say never.

I would buy a 9.8 for 20K too so that would make 4 people. Unless you already counted me. :shrug:

A GL # 76 CGC 9.8 would command big dollars.. I would trade my CGC 9.8 Hulk # 181 plus some cash as well for the GL # 76 in CGC 9.8. I have a nice mid grade copy of GL #76 raw. OW/W pages in around the 7.0 - 7.5 area un-restored... It is nice enough for me... If one did come up for sale. I could see it hitting absurd, stupid money. I'd say well over $35,000 Probably closer to $42K - 44K IMHO.

Have you seen some of the Adams painted covers from magazines like Savage Tales and the Six Million Dollar Man? Great stuff.

And he also did some painted covers for a Charlton run of Six Million Dollar Man as well.

You are right, and I have one of them as well!!! very cool.

Have you seen some of the Adams painted covers from magazines like Savage Tales and the Six Million Dollar Man? Great stuff.

And he also did some painted covers for a Charlton run of Six Million Dollar Man as well.

You are right, and I have one of them as well!!! very cool.

like this one:

SixMillionDollarManCharlton2CGC96WP.jpg

My LCS deals in moderns, games, trades, and common back issues in the 1-30 dollar range. He has a large personal collection, buys Overstreet, and has never bought a slabbed comic. He is convinced, however wrong he may be, that they are only for the mail order market. He does not peruse ebay or any other internet site to buy or sell books.

Before you say he is a bad business man, he was in business in the 80s and made it through the gutting that took place in the 90s.

My LCS deals in moderns, games, trades, and common back issues in the 1-30 dollar range. He has a large personal collection, buys Overstreet, and has never bought a slabbed comic. He is convinced, however wrong he may be, that they are only for the mail order market. He does not peruse ebay or any other internet site to buy or sell books.

Before you say he is a bad business man, he was in business in the 80s and made it through the gutting that took place in the 90s.

maybe he should check for a few more books!! :baiting:

maybe he has some Strange Adventures, Tec 400, Tomahawks?

All it takes is two bidders with deep pockets...then watch out. GL 76 in 9.8 would fetch big time money. It's unreal what some collectors will spend for highest graded books. There is no price guide for highest graded-alone in the census-hot-key books.

All it takes is two bidders with deep pockets...then watch out. GL 76 in 9.8 would fetch big time money. It's unreal what some collectors will spend for highest graded books. There is no price guide for highest graded-alone in the census-hot-key books.

I resemble that remark. I just usually come up a pocket short.