• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

School is in Session

17 posts in this topic

Since school is starting I thought I would show this text book I have.

Its from Indiana University 1973. cover.jpg

Indica.jpg

The other required books for the class were:

The great Comic Book Heroes by Jules Feiffer

The Strenanko History of Comics By James Steranko

Green Lantern and Green Arrow #1

For now take this pop quiz and see how you do. (From the 2nd lesson in the book)

questions1.jpg

questions2.jpg

good to see public funding of education at work.

luckily we can import our engineers and scientists from India, Pakistan, Russia (not for long) and China (not for long), as well as about half the doctors in my neck of the woods.

don't want to be a downer, but seriously a whole class on this? maybe a couple of lectures (and a TON of reading!) in a course on 20th century pop culture.

and to think, some professor is being paid $100K+/- a year to teach this class along with 1 or 2 other similarly silly classes.

luckily we can import our engineers and scientists from India, Pakistan, Russia (not for long) and China (not for long), as well as about half the doctors in my neck of the woods.

don't want to be a downer, but seriously a whole class on this? maybe a couple of lectures (and a TON of reading!) in a course on 20th century pop culture.

and to think, some professor is being paid $100K+/- a year to teach this class along with 1 or 2 other similarly silly classes.

1973 :whistle:

Not in that department, they don't earn that much ... Also, I'd like to remind you that they have other duties besides teaching ...

We don't import engineers and scientists. People come here to BECOME engineers and scientists. We still have by far the BEST education system in the world.

We still have by far the BEST post-secondary education system in the world.

I amended your statement for you ...

Who has a better K-High School system?

I don't want to get smarmy about the whole issue, just want to have a healthy debate. :grin:

I don't want to get smarmy about the whole issue, just want to have a healthy debate. :grin:

Let's switch the question around: Why do you think the US K - High School system is the best? Maybe you can convince me ...

Let's switch the question around: Why do you think the US K - High School system is the best? Maybe you can convince me ...

I ask you a question, then you turn around and ask me the same question back....

Why should I answer? Convince me.....