• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So who on the boards owns a Batman #1?

54 posts in this topic

Let's see some scans, and hear any history you know about your copy(maybe where you got it, how many owners its had, etc.). Since I can't presently find a copy, I'd at least like to see everyone else's. Make me jealous! :popcorn:

I figured there wouldn't be a ton of responses, but I suspect 1 or 2 folks might speak up eventually. :wishluck:

Heck, I'll start it off with a few copies that I don't own. Here's Ciorac's old copy. As far as I know, Jamie Graham still has this one for sale...

batman1raw.jpg

Next up is the copy sold by Heritage in May. Kinda wish I'd decided to buy a Bat 1 when this copy was available...

bat17.5.jpg

And finally, here's the infamous silveracre copy...

batman1cgc6.jpg

I picked mine up from Adam (Filter88) about 18 months ago. It has a lot of resto, but I love it because it has a great Robin sketch and autograph from Bob Kane on the back.

494531103_fbb1c598f3_o.jpg

494531099_a84297a02d_o.jpg

(worship) I love the sketch and sig on the back cover !

Money doesn't seem to help as much as you might think. :frustrated:

Look on the bright side. Batman 1 is a fairly common book and your money should be earning interest. So by the time another copy comes up that's right for you, you can use that interest to purchase a copy that's a half-grade higher than you were previously looking at.

Unless the wife gets the money and buys furniture...

Here is my copy, bought in 1999 from Clink for $6250. I sent it to Tracey Heft to remove tape down the spine and do a little color touch. You can look at his site to see the before and after. This book was sold through CLINK by the person that bought it from the original owner. I purchased a Batman 36 from the same dealer/collector but never knew he had the Batman 1 until I bought it from CLINK.

batman1.jpg