• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most collected Timely titles (of the big 4)?

42 posts in this topic

I would say

Cap

MM

Torch

Subby

I agree. (thumbs u

I agree too, but if the question was in which order would I like to collect?

Subby

Torch

Cap

MM

I would be most interested in Everett Subby stories and S&K Cap stories and great Schomburg covers.

Funny, I would do it in the exact opposite way...Schomburg first, then the S+K and then the rest.

R.

I didn't list any priority. (shrug)

Least collected...

1) Tough Kid Squad

2) Power-House Pepper

3) Miss Fury

4) Young Allies

I think it would be very hard to tell whether Captain America or Marvel Mystery are more collected. There is a segment of the post war issues of MM that are relatively common and not highly desirable whereas Caps sell very well up and down the run. But I would say that MM issues from 20 to 50 sell every bit as fast as any issue of Cap. How would one go about determining which are more collected (and therefore more desirable)?

If price is reflective of demand, then Marvel Mystery is more desirable then Cap on the first 10 issues. Cap is more desirable than Marvel on the most of the later issues.

And Marvels are just too darn cheap through the middle of the run!!!

Complete Comics is collected way less than Young Allies.

I would say

Cap

MM

Torch

Subby

I agree. (thumbs u

Subby

Torch

Cap

MM

I would be most interested in Everett Subby stories and S&K Cap stories and great Schomburg covers.

Funny, I would do it in the exact opposite way...Schomburg first, then the S+K and then the rest.

R.

I didn't list any priority. (shrug)

Oops. Then I read into your post.

:foryou:

I would say

Cap

MM

Torch

Subby

I agree. (thumbs u

Subby

Torch

Cap

MM

I'm a 100% with you! (thumbs u

Here's an Everett splash page....

sub32-splash2-1.jpg

Least collected...

1) Tough Kid Squad

2) Power-House Pepper

3) Miss Fury

4) Young Allies

I think it would be very hard to tell whether Captain America or Marvel Mystery are more collected. There is a segment of the post war issues of MM that are relatively common and not highly desirable whereas Caps sell very well up and down the run. But I would say that MM issues from 20 to 50 sell every bit as fast as any issue of Cap. How would one go about determining which are more collected (and therefore more desirable)?

If price is reflective of demand, then Marvel Mystery is more desirable then Cap on the first 10 issues. Cap is more desirable than Marvel on the most of the later issues.

Complete Comics essentially is Young Allies, and it is a continuation of Amazing, and it is only one issue....but you are right, it is one of the least desirable Timelys of all. (thumbs u

Least collected...

1) Tough Kid Squad

2) Power-House Pepper

3) Miss Fury

4) Young Allies

You can probably argue that any GA titles outside of the keys/very early issues are cheap in the middle of the run relative to their availability. It amazes me how much people are willing to shell out for early SA Marvels that pop up in 9.0 plus on a regular basis while solid FN to VF GA DCs or Timelys that are much harder to find in grade go for $1,000 - $2,000. I know that there is way more demand for the early SA books, but the value buyer in me just shakes his head every time I see this happen.

Least collected...

1) Tough Kid Squad

2) Power-House Pepper

3) Miss Fury

4) Young Allies

Complete Comics essentially is Young Allies, and it is a continuation of Amazing, and it is only one issue....but you are right, it is one of the least desirable Timelys of all. (thumbs u

tho' i started with Cap, MM is now my favorite timely run. followed by cap, subby, and the torch.

my next tier would be mystic, all winners, daring and usa.

least desirable: tough sell squad, mystic second series, daring second series and amazing/complete. i actually like the girl runs very much now, tho' i didn't originally.

I would say:

Cap

MM

Torch

Subby

I guess I'm one of the few who also likes Young Allies too. (shrug)

I like them. My favorites are the ones that have Jeff (guy with glasses) helping kill people instead of being tied as is often the case.

Just love that issue, Everett at his finest.

Subby 32 :cloud9:

Jim having gone through the shed the SA's for GA's phase a few years back I can tell you that I do not regret it for a moment. Sure there are a few books I wish I kept and yeah there are days when I still drool at the many SA beauties but a high grade run a GA Subby's would be pretty darn nice. I do think that they have been undervalued for too long. Most of the highest graded copies from the lovely Atlas run are currently available for sale, that would be a great place to start. :baiting: Very hard to find hard grade copies of these. If some of the Church copies ever get graded I think interest in them will ramp up very quickly. Besides I'm sure you could get top dollar for your WM's.

Peter: I am keeping her warm for sure...the only problem is I keep on thinking if I get rid of all these ety SA White Mountains, I could add a lot more of of Subbys GA cousins to my stable. :insane:

The thought actually keeps me up at night.

Jim

I'm in the same boat except I don't have sweet White Mountains to sell and fund my GA Purchases.

Great info here guys, as I am changing my focus and moving into the GA books I'm glad to see this much input from everyone. I think I'm going to enjoy this new world and hopefully meeting and talking to all you GA guys.

Guy

Not ALL "guys", but welcome! :foryou:

Great info here guys, as I am changing my focus and moving into the GA books I'm glad to see this much input from everyone. I think I'm going to enjoy this new world and hopefully meeting and talking to all you GA guys.

Guy

Not ALL "guys", but welcome! :foryou:

Glad you're joining the gang! :hi: