• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best place to buy mylars/mylites?

53 posts in this topic

Rather than starting a completely seperate thread - anyone know where I can get treasury-sized comic bags and boards? Polys or Mylar/Mylite - doesn't matter. As long as I can fit treasury sized and the boards are acid-free. Thanks (thumbs u

We have the poly bags here: http://www.hotflips.com/index.php?cPath=5_14&sort=2a&page=2

And the Boards Here: http://www.hotflips.com/index.php?cPath=5_15

Jeff

Which ones do you need?? There are current 700M2's and standard 725M2's. If you dont see the 700's on the website that means we are probably out of stock. We will be getting them in at the end of the month. The full-backs are either 675FB's or 700FB's. It depends if you want a little more room in them or not.

:hi: Hiyo!

So, just to add my two cents in all of this... I recently for the first ever time finally seeked out to purchase Mylites/Mylars. Even though at the time (One month ago!), I had no ideal what Mylites/Mylars were. So after a few yahoo search results and some... Collector Society Message Board Thread Scavenging, I found out what they were and a recommended place to order them from... http://www.hotflips.com.'>http://www.hotflips.com.

Does not end my story though! Anyways... after looking at the site ( http://www.hotflips.com ) I found it a little skeptical (I always find online places to shop at... suspect!) and decided to do more research. Thats when I came across the information pertaining to the first producer/creator of Mylites/Mylars... aka E. Gerber. After thoroughly going through their site and also some of my own resources for information on companies... I liked http://www.egerber.com or E. Gerber Archival Products Company, LLC better.

Ordered me 100 Mylite2, 100 Archive Mylars, 100 Full-Back Boards (Acid-free of course!) and got it in 5 days after a 10 minute call (Good prices too!) to order.

:sumo: ... I hope this helps!

Thats cool as you got your products. Just a quick question as i encourage customer (or for your case a non-customer) feedback, but why was my site "suspect"??

hm ... I guess the fact that the site ( http://www.hotflips.com ) comes off as a personal business (From home!) type of site and not too professional looking. Plus, I saw you sell specific types (E. Gerber or Flip-n-Stick) even though I found other supposed... name products. It got me thinking to do more research in finding out all the different companies who make Mylite/Mylar products.

Dont be mad at me... :cry: ... don't hit me!

Hi, hotflips.com customer here who just wanted to point out a few things. First, through the whole checkout process there was no indication for the amount of shipping cost. That was a bit annoying. There is also a link to an old ebay account that no longer exist on the homepage and the latest news item is from 2005. That makes the site seem old and abandoned. I had a good recommendation from a friend when I made a purchase so I felt safe, but if I just found the site myself without knowing I probably would have went elsewhere. Glad I didn't though, the products and service were great and cheaper than all other places.

2Cents worth here:

If it were not for these boards and the combination of positive comments and the fact that you post on here about your business, I would not have placed my initial order with Hotflips.

I don't know what it costs to update and a Website, but it may well be worth the investment. You can't offer much better prices or services, now you just need to make the site feel inviting enough to let people take advantage of that.

When I placed my initial order, I didb't find out what my shipping cost was until the box landed on my doorstep and I found the invoice inside, despite an e-mail asking for the info. Another time, when trying to place an order, the Web site was not functioning properly. I gave up and ended up picking up the items elsewhere.

Oh, and I couldn't get those Araks for the $0.00.

I fully support you and your business and this is intended only as constructive information.

Rather than starting a completely seperate thread - anyone know where I can get treasury-sized comic bags and boards? Polys or Mylar/Mylite - doesn't matter. As long as I can fit treasury sized and the boards are acid-free. Thanks (thumbs u

We have the poly bags here: http://www.hotflips.com/index.php?cPath=5_14&sort=2a&page=2

And the Boards Here: http://www.hotflips.com/index.php?cPath=5_15

Jeff

Great!! Thanks Jeff - I just want to make sure I choose the right ones - which do you recommend for the Treasury sized format? The LIFE magazine size? I noticed on the backing boards it says LIFE magazine/Treasury sized. Just want to make sure the bag and board combo works well together before purchasing. (thumbs u

We have read your ideas & we will be working on updating the site soon, We are a 2 man opration & there is a lot of work to be done. As far as Ebay goes, I am sure most of you know that we are no longer dealing with Ebay (for the momment). I can assure all of you that we have the best customer service that we provide.

As far as shipping costs, we ship UPS or the Flat Rate USPS. We will try to find the cheapest way possible. If you are local, we encourage anyone to come right to the warehouse & pick them up.

I'm happy that there are choices to buy E.Gerber products, which are the best on the market.

I can't find a reason not to order from E.Gerber directly - especially in large quantites. Send them an email with a list of what you want and your address and ask for a quote.

Thats cool as you got your products. Just a quick question as i encourage customer (or for your case a non-customer) feedback, but why was my site "suspect"??

hm ... I guess the fact that the site ( http://www.hotflips.com ) comes off as a personal business (From home!) type of site and not too professional looking. Plus, I saw you sell specific types (E. Gerber or Flip-n-Stick) even though I found other supposed... name products. It got me thinking to do more research in finding out all the different companies who make Mylite/Mylar products.

Dont be mad at me... :cry: ... don't hit me!

Why would I be mad at you?? And i wont hit you either. I understand your views and I certainly appreciate your feedback. Let me just clarify a couple of things for you so you know. We are not an "at home" operation. We have a 10,000 sf warehouse with a showroom that we operate from. Second, we sell Gerber products because we feel they are the best on the market and want our customers to be able to buy the best products at the best prices from us. Third, we are the manufacturer of 90 percent of the supplies we sell. If you go to a store anywhere in the country (and a couple of overseas as well) and see the "Comic Vision" bags or the "Comic Vision Flip-N-Stick" brand bags, that means they came from our warehouse.

I do admit though that our website does need a little work though. Thanks for your input,

Jeff

I think I'd rather have time and money spent on worthwhile customer service than a flashy looking website if I had a choice.

Most businesses have a limited budget and so can not come across as shiney as someone who has lots of dough but mediocre customer service.

There are plenty of dealers with flashy websites and horrid customer service. Feel free to continue to order from them because their sites look nice.

(thumbs u

People are too bent on judging a book by it's cover.

Jeff, you guys are tops in my books.

:headbang:

Hi, hotflips.com customer here who just wanted to point out a few things. First, through the whole checkout process there was no indication for the amount of shipping cost. That was a bit annoying. There is also a link to an old ebay account that no longer exist on the homepage and the latest news item is from 2005. That makes the site seem old and abandoned. I had a good recommendation from a friend when I made a purchase so I felt safe, but if I just found the site myself without knowing I probably would have went elsewhere. Glad I didn't though, the products and service were great and cheaper than all other places.

The reason why we dont calculate shipping through our website is this: Say someone orders 5 cases of current polybags. If we ship it out UPS as 5 different boxes the shipping lets say would be $25.00 (im just throwing numbers out). Now if we took those 5 cases and put it into one box the shipping might actually be $22.00. We try to save customers as much as we can on shipping.

I guess we could still incorporate the shipping into the website and if it is cheaper it would be like a bonus when the customer gets their bill.

I think I'd rather have time and money spent on worthwhile customer service than a flashy looking website if I had a choice.

Most businesses have a limited budget and so can not across as shiney as someone who has lots of dough but mediocre customer service.

There are plenty of dealers with flashy websites and horrid customer service. Feel free to continue to order from them because their sites look nice.

(thumbs u

People are too bent on judging a book by it's cover.

Jeff, you guys are tops in my books.

:headbang:

Thanks Roy, that was very nice of you to say and I really appreciate that.