• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoneStar Comics thinks people are retarded....

19 posts in this topic

Let me preface this by saying I do a lot of business with LoneStar comics and they usually treat me pretty fair, however I find this pretty upsetting to me. Yesterday morning at about 12 noon I ordered 2 seperate packages from them (LoneStar) and both packages had included the Savage Dragon 137B variant w/Obama. The price on each was $15 and I paid it because they are a bit cheaper on ebay (without shipping) and neither of my local LCS got em in. This AM I got 2 emails that my orders were checked in and neither one had the Savage Dragon 137B as they were out of stock. This is messed up for a couple of reasons....A)they have never, ever, ever oversold me an brand new comic book as they have an excellent inventory system and B)it was back instock today for $30. As soon as I saw this I called up and complained. I was told they are getting new stock all the time and can't control the prices of new inventory compared to old. I told them this was not a good way to do business and very greedy. The fact of the matter is I can get the books on ebay and it isn't a huge deal to replace them, but that they handled the whole thing like . They could have just told the truth and I would be less offended now. SO be warned that if they feel at any time a book is worth more than the stated price, they might be inclined to pull it back and reprice it.

Don't order modern "variants" and use paragraphs.

Other than that, I'm with you. Crappy way to do business and I don't know why they would sell you the book at the original price now that it was "back in stock."

Other than that, I'm with you. Crappy way to do business and I don't know why they would sell you the book at the original price now that it was "back in stock."

The only valid reason would be that if they paid more than $15 for it to get it back in stock. I find that possiblility....remote...

With a Hot modern book where LCS sells out and the price almost doubles in a few days. These big dealers do not have time to adjust prices, so they make the call of filling and order at below market price. Or canceling orders and raising the price. Thats like the local comic shop who hides a hot book below the counter and brings it back out in a week with the price doubled. One can call it greed, the other calls it management decision. If its a poor management decision a customer always has other options of who's store to shop with.

The only valid reason would be that if they paid more than $15 for it to get it back in stock. I find that possiblility....remote...

According to their we buy comics-page they're offering $12 in trade and $6 in cash for it ...

The book literally became active for sale on the website at noon yesterday and they don't oversell things. Do you really think they either sold out the second they put them for sale or got more in stock in a one day period?? Has your distributor ever shipped you brand new comics 2 days in a row?? They pretty clearly thought thye could sell them for more and are doing as such. Like I said earlier they have never oversold me a new comic and I find it hilarious that they claim to have in a case such as this. You literally can not order a comic from them if they do not have it in the inventory system.

Full person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, ala Simple Jack, or just slightly retarded?

Umm let me think here.

You tried to buy 2.

Someone searched and found it was worth more.

They pulled the books.

Cancelled your dorder.

Told you, sucks to be you.

Relisted books for more money.

I would have to say they should have honored the price listed for your order, but raised the price for future customers.

2nd post about this dump in like 3 months. Why dont people learn, not taking shots at the poster.

Full person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, ala Simple Jack, or just slightly retarded?

I admire that you have gone full person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point, Richard. :baiting:

I have no idea why people pay large money for current variants. Most do not go up but instead go the other way. Now if there was a cover of Sarah on it, hmmm. Me thinks I might have to find one.

No doubt about current variant values. Why I don't deal with one of my lcs at all anymore since he always wanted stupid prices. For example MK #20 he wanted $25+ tax and it wasn't even mint after they dropped it on the ground. Funny too that the guy that was showing me it which wasn't the owner even agreed $25 was to high. I have learned that if you wait a couple weeks or just keep your eye on ebay you will get a better deal in which for example I got one from the uk shipped for less then $15. Some lcs are just greedy.

I agree with the Op though that what they did was underhanded in a way and if anyone did that to me they would not be getting my business again. A quoted price is the price and then to say you out of stock and then say you miraculously got more but raise the price is just ignorant.

Quite often with the variants stores have to order X amount in order to get the variant. Typically that amount is more than they can reasonably sell, so they mark up the variant to make up the difference in the amount of money they'll lose in excess, unsold copies of that issue.

Personally, I think unless the store KNOWS one of their customers really wants the variant and is willing to pay that much for it they shouldn't bother. Otherwise they're taking much larger risks and could end up out of business. That's one of the lessons most stores from the 90s should have learned.