• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All the books in the world, but one...

64 posts in this topic

Glad you others enjoyed it too (thumbs u

As comic collectors I think most of us can strongly relate to the old man's nostalgic rush as he beheld his childhood copy of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

It's a complicated emotion and very difficult to describe, other than by simply saying 'nostalgia' of course! I usually find it a bittersweet experience. The kind of feeling that can make you smile and shed a tear at the same time.

Could make a good thread, "What comic/book most vividly transports you back to your childhood?"

I think my answer would be a certain book. There are plenty of comics too, but this one book holds the strongest link to my past. 'A Wizard of Earthsea' by Ursula le Guin. I'm sure many here have read it. Like the old man in the story it has to be a particular edition too, the New Windmill Series h/b edition from 1973.

An amazing story. I wish I still had my first comic. I remember it very well. But I never knew the issue number as my father bought it from a seller at the local flea market it was the FF I believe it was a SA issue. It had Mr.Fantastic and the thing fighting on the cover. I just dont know what issue.