• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Vendor

24 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever used comicvendor.com? They have a very large collection to say the least, but want to know if it is a legit website. I found them through comic seeker. Thanks

There is a store in California by that name.Been around for ever.So I would say it is legit.If I remember right their grading was a liitle off.

Dennis

First, thanks for using my website.

Second, he has a warehouse. You must call to make sure he is there if you want to go.

Third, do a board search before you buy from him. You'll get the comic, but you need to know who you are dealing with and his grading skills.

Are you the comicvender.com website or the store?Or both?

Dennis

Second, he has a warehouse. You must call to make sure he is there if you want to go.

Third, do a board search before you buy from him. You'll get the comic, but you need to know who you are dealing with and his grading skills.

I would be ordering over the phone or website. And how do I do a board search for him? I dont know "his" name. I just know he has a store in California with some books I want to buy. I couldnt find any information on him or his store, so I posted here.

First, thanks for using my website.

His website is comic seeker, a useful site for locating specific comics or comic stores. It has links to most of the large dealers web site search pages. A very handy site to visit.

Their grading was way off. Also, if you choose the "higher grade for higher price" option, expect to get a lot of NM books that are VF for twice the price.

My "Mint" Detective 569 had a hole in the back cover. All NM books had obvious flaws.

If you are buying books in F or lower, you might be happier. The older, lower grade books I purchased were much closer to what I expect.

Yea.....optimistic is a good word for it. The guy has a multi million book inventory and has been in business for years and years. I have known him for a very long time, even worked for him for a couple of years as a driver when he had an account with all the 7-11 stores in southern calif. His company supplied comic racks and spinners plus had someone deliver the new issues and remove the old ones....on a weekly basis (thats what I did). It was a sweet set up and in some ways he is/was quite brilliant. Disagreeing with him though was VERY unpleasant.

I havn't talked to him in quite a few years.....I know he has some fantastic books. He showed me a beautiful Spidey #1 once......but was asking about 5 times the going rate.....and for that I'll bet he still has it.

I agree that for newer books (1970 up)....you can probably get just about anything you want.....but his grades are gonna be about 1 to 1 1/2 full grade less than you will be expecting.

I talked to him on the phone like 5 years ago, he seemed to have some of the modern comics I had on my want list. I was paying like $1.00 or two per book. Then all of a sudden he needed like $10.00 per book as he could easily sell them to others. Seems like he just wanted to keep them once he knew which ones I wanted. Very ODD would be a compliment to the conversation.

I just looked up his ebay user name and was very surprised to find that he has nothing for sale. Also, that his feedback rating is 100%.....course it only goes back one year......I know theres negs back there somewhere.

Anyways you can look him up if you care to......his user name is stampbearii

:o :o :o

One of the worst graders I have ever had the displeasure of buying from. Also completely obnoxious to deal with.

Other than that...fill your boots! :insane:

Never dealt with him, but it was obvious he was an overgrader from his auctions. Bizarrely enough when I first went on ebay his was the very first auction I checked out, all those years ago.

So, Nick, did you watch Jonathan Ross on Friday, perchance?? ;)

:o :o :o

One of the worst graders I have ever had the displeasure of buying from. Also completely obnoxious to deal with.

Other than that...fill your boots! :insane:

Never dealt with him, but it was obvious he was an overgrader from his auctions. Bizarrely enough when I first went on ebay his was the very first auction I checked out, all those years ago.

So, Nick, did you watch Jonathan Ross on Friday, perchance?? ;)

doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh! doh!

I totally forgot she was on...don't tell me, she was totally hot? :cry:

I emailed Comic Vendor asking for pictures or scans of the comics since there is NOTHING on the site besides an Add to cart button. His response was "no time for scans". That is literally all he wrote. I understand people are busy, especially if you own millions of comics, but to send such a short response to a prospective buyer? I am very glad I started this thread.. Next time, I will just burn my money in advance

I totally forgot she was on...don't tell me, she was totally hot? :cry:

Oh God yes. I remember thinking at the time that you were definitely on the money re this lady.

Anyway, just go on the BBC i player, you can watch the entire episode there for the next 7 days. No need to worry...