• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else collecting All-Flash ?

25 posts in this topic

I have a copy of issue #4 I picked up in San Diego a number of years ago for about $200. It is in Very Good - Fine condition. I also have a copy in the 30's with the Flash doing a jitterbug on the cover. That was an E-Bay purchase.

All Flash is a fun title if you are into covers. My buddy has issue #3 and like my #4 it features a tortured 64 page tale by Gardner Fox. These stories are almost unreadable, quite different than the stories he would write later. It makes you wonder if he was forced to crank this stuff out under impossible deadlines in those early days or if he thought this was just a quick way to make a buck before moving onto a more lucrative field.

I had been jonesing for an All Flash since I was a kid and saw one or two for sale at the absurd price of $20. back in the early 70's. That might have been $1,000 to me at the time. Anyway, I got to scratch that All Flash itch and it is fun but I am not inspired to get anymore. When you compare these to the tales in Action Comics there is quite a difference!

Yup...had a few more a couple years ago then I do now since I decided they would be good fodder on ebay...wish I had them back...anyway...here's my best copy that I had graded to sell but now I'm not so sure I want too...

(ps) I'll try to scan my others later... ;)

allflash9cgclabel.jpg

allflash9cgcfront.jpg

Yes I hae heard the final issues are really difficult to locate.

But they contain what are probably the best stories -- very Silver Age-ish.

Thanks for the cool stories everyone. And some great books in the thread. I missed out on a few that Ciorac sold. But bought my first 2 from him, and am happy with pickng them up slowly.... Very slowly.

And cannon fodder for Ebay ! :sorry:

I have a copy of issue #4 I picked up in San Diego a number of years ago for about $200. It is in Very Good - Fine condition. I also have a copy in the 30's with the Flash doing a jitterbug on the cover. That was an E-Bay purchase.

All Flash is a fun title if you are into covers. My buddy has issue #3 and like my #4 it features a tortured 64 page tale by Gardner Fox. These stories are almost unreadable, quite different than the stories he would write later. It makes you wonder if he was forced to crank this stuff out under impossible deadlines in those early days or if he thought this was just a quick way to make a buck before moving onto a more lucrative field.

I had been jonesing for an All Flash since I was a kid and saw one or two for sale at the absurd price of $20. back in the early 70's. That might have been $1,000 to me at the time. Anyway, I got to scratch that All Flash itch and it is fun but I am not inspired to get anymore. When you compare these to the tales in Action Comics there is quite a difference!

I have issue 19 and have to agree it's unreadable. (great cover though)

AF19FC.jpg