• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THERE IS NOW A DD 7 CGC 9.6

176 posts in this topic

Well, clearly the walkthrough service "echo's"

This only supports that if you pay enough you can achieve the grade you feel the book deserves.

And clearly shows the power of persuasion.

I guess Mark was off that day and the graders were over-schmelled?

:roflmao:

(worship) (worship) (worship)

The things I could spend 30K on....

A 63 nova.. Tubbed, full cage, big-block chevy with an 8-71 blower.

A really nice batman 1.

Downpayment on a house.

or a DD 7 9.6...

Or.... 30 hours with Ashley Youmans, Elliot Spitzer's main sqeeze.

ashley-spitzer.jpg

But seriously, given the huge financial incentive waiting for anyone who could've achieved that feat, I guess it's not quite so easy to press a DD 7 up to 9.6. BTW, surely this puts to bed all the whining lately that CGC has gotten tougher in its grading?

Spoken like somebody who hasn't submitted books on a regular basis, including within the past 6 months.

Well, clearly the walkthrough service "echo's"

This only supports that if you pay enough you can achieve the grade you feel the book deserves.

And clearly shows the power of persuasion.

I guess Mark was off that day and the graders were over-schmelled?

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

But seriously, given the huge financial incentive waiting for anyone who could've achieved that feat, I guess it's not quite so easy to press a DD 7 up to 9.6. BTW, surely this puts to bed all the whining lately that CGC has gotten tougher in its grading?

Spoken like somebody who hasn't submitted books on a regular basis, including within the past 6 months.

No I haven't, but I've seen lots of freshly graded books in labels that I thought were a mite generous.

A question to the ultra high grade fiends on this board; knowing it used to be a 9.2, would you pay the same price for this book that you would for a "virgin" 9.6, considering it's a PC and a really tough book? I know no "virgin" exists yet, but indulge me.

I wouldn't. But obviously lots of ultra-HG collectors don't care.

I knew you'd chime in, and I knew that would be your answer. But you're one of those collectors who are willing to "do without" until you find the right copy of a book. That's rather unusual at this level of the game.

Funny, no, seriously comical...

this entire thread is based on a MONETARY assumption of return, and therefore, biased!

CGC grading has ALWAYS been an OPINION, and nothing more. It's YOU the collector/proprietor that has given them such power; me included!

It's sad, truly...

Funny, no, seriously comical...

this entire thread is based on a MONETARY assumption of return, and therefore, biased!

CGC grading has ALWAYS been an OPINION, and nothing more. It's YOU the collector/proprietor that has given them such power; me included!

It's sad, truly...

true story :sorry:

If CGC has tightened their grading, it's a good time to buy freshly graded slabs....no? hm

e.g. My buddy got some fresh slabs from Cgc last week. He submitted an ASM #19 that he pre-graded a solid 8.5. It came back Cgc 7.5. He has decided to crack it out and sell it raw. Cgc has seem way too many copies of ASM #19 (top census 9.9, I believe) and FF #48, so they may be grading these tougher?

He also submitted a hot modern comic that was unread flawless and he pre-graded 10.0. He got back a Cgc 9.8. He expected minimum 9.9. :kidaround:

If CGC has tightened their grading, it's a good time to buy freshly graded slabs....no? hm

e.g. My buddy got some fresh slabs from Cgc last week. He submitted an ASM #19 that he pre-graded a solid 8.5. It came back Cgc 7.5. He has decided to crack it out and sell it raw. Cgc has seem way too many copies of ASM #19 (top census 9.9, I believe) and FF #48, so they may be grading these tougher?

He also submitted a hot modern comic that was unread flawless and he pre-graded 10.0. He got back a Cgc 9.8. He expected minimum 9.9. :kidaround:

Who's the overgrading dork?