• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS: A hint at Batman 3??

14 posts in this topic

I wouldn't call that a spoiler--just total conjecture by a studio exec, some brainstorming. They're both great casting choices, but with no screenplay in sight, who knows if those two actually end up being the villains, much less being played by those two specific actors.

Riddler seems like the best next choice...I dunno how they don't make the Penguin seem ridiculous though. They don't need to pack both into one film, either. Nolan's orginal layout for Dark Knight was to not have Harvey Dent play much of a role and just make Joker the only villain. In hindsight, he should've stuck with that...EVERYONE now wishes the Joker had more screen time.

Why do they always go for two villians?

My guess is to secure more overseas distribution deals and funding.

Adding one star to the roster might get them $40 million in foreign buy-ins, but adding two new stars, could double that to $80 million. So naturally, if you can attract the stars, then from a financial point-of-view, you should write them in.

But that also creates idiocy like Batman & Robin.

both are excellent casting choices. Depp for box office and Hoffman for Artistic acting chops and Indie pedigree. I agree with those who dont prefer the 2 for one villain stories, but, what can we do?

I do worry a bit about Depp. He's a great actor, but I'm afraid they see him carrying off a weird FUNNY Riddler, when I think it would be cool if the Riddler were a deadly serious mass murderer with just a compulsion to leak his future crimes by way of riddles to the press/police. And NOT doing them for "laughs" and cackling hysterically over them puzzling the do-gooders.

Keep it dark. And maybe use the ridiculous Penguin for laughs. Or Penguin as just a very fat pointy nosed up and coming underworld crime boss, up and coming since they've established the Moronis as the de facto crime family already. Hopefully no trick umbrellas! and no gross origins like Burton did... though I watched that film recently and it was pretty good once you know it wont be great. A lot of great work went into it overall. Or maybe that was Michelle Pfeiffer's doing.

as for overseas territories, at this point in time the next Batman film could be 100% sold upfront with Daffy Duck as the villain.

Couldn't have said it better myself (thumbs u

If that was true, then the star system would have already crumbled.

Or do you think it's a coincidence that Johnny Depp is rumored for the title villain?

as for overseas territories, at this point in time the next Batman film could be 100% sold upfront with Daffy Duck as the villain.

Couldn't have said it better myself (thumbs u

the next Batman movie will be considered a bomb for a few reasons. no Joker. no Heath Ledger and being compared to the Dark Knight. please no Penguin or Riddler. jeese! I want HUSH, somebody modern not another rehash of the same villians over and over again. no Catwoman either. Joker gets a pass because he is the ultimate villian, actually more interesting then the Batman.