• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I was thinking the book would cool off for me after the conclusion of the Viltrimite War (EPIC!!!...especially the finale) but 79 got me in a different way. I think that's why I love this book. It can be exciting and action-packed then heartbreaking and bittersweet. I hope it lasts forever!

And while on the subject of Invincible...I got this page last week from dhurley1125. The first Conquest arc is still my favorite and I was very happy to add this to my other Ottley pages. Even happier because it's my first Inked Invincible page and it just looks sweet!

Rathburn-Invincible20Issue206420pg2014.jpg

Edited by HeroDreamer

So who read the latest issue????

Last page was definitely NOT what I was expecting.

After the thing was revealed, I thought before I turned the page that it could go one of two ways - the way it did or the complete opposite. I honestly didn't know which way it would go. Great stuff.

Since this thread got a :bump: here's a spoiler for upcoming issues:

From SDCC 2011: Black Invincible

Kirkman said the story should be happening by late 2011/early 2012.

So by the time the next issue comes out???

:jokealert: (kinda)

BlackInvincible.jpg

OH yeah I remember that ... I find it funny both this & USM are doing the same thing ...

So by the time the next issue comes out???

:jokealert: (kinda)

He did make promises that the book would be back on track schedule wise. He said the Viltrumite war artwork was tough for Ottley, and they decided to keep it and let it put them behind schedule, rather than lower the scale and amount of characters on each page to draw.

He also said Cory Walker is coming back again for a couple more issues to get the books out quicker. (thumbs u

BlackInvincible.jpg

OH yeah I remember that ... I find it funny both this & USM are doing the same thing ...

If Kirkman had announced it today, I'd totally be thinking it was a hoax. lol

That teaser came out in April, right?

Is USM running with a black Spidey? Gotta wonder if they either bit off Kirkman or if Marvel is gearing up for some kind of lawsuit heading Kirkman's way. Marvel is shysterish like that.

how could they sue kirkman ? Also kirkman I think more than likely has image backing him so i doubt marvel would do that since it would be more like marvel vs image lol

Edited by synch

It's probably just a short storyarc with one of the Viltrumites helping Mark Grayson out for a couple issues.

Not a gimick, not a replacement, and definitely not a "death of Invinicble" happining in a special polybagged issue of Guardians of the Globe. lol

I think the hype/concern is only because of the Marvel stuff going on. Kirkman said very little about it at SDCC. Just said stuff like, "hey look at this picture. I wonder what's going on."

Hi,

I have never read Invincible, a friend has recommended the title to me as he claims it is an excellent read.

What I really like to read:

Miller daredevil

Miller Dark Knight Returns

Miller Year One

Brubaker Captain America/ Winter Soldier

Loeb The Long Halloween

Kirkman The Walking Dead

Before I go out and buy the trade(s), here is what I am hoping for.

What do you readers of this title like about it?

What is it about?