• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I say start with issues 1-13. That's the 1st 3 TPB or the 1st Ultimate collection.

I think you need to read at least the 1st 13 issues to really get the feel of what it's about.

If' you're not hooked by then... you have different taste than I. lol

Hi,

I have never read Invincible, a friend has recommended the title to me as he claims it is an excellent read.

What I really like to read:

Miller daredevil

Miller Dark Knight Returns

Miller Year One

Brubaker Captain America/ Winter Soldier

Loeb The Long Halloween

Kirkman The Walking Dead

Before I go out and buy the trade(s), here is what I am hoping for.

What do you readers of this title like about it?

What is it about?

Just buy one trade first (volume one clearly... ) & see if you like it ...

Edited by synch

Hi,

I have never read Invincible, a friend has recommended the title to me as he claims it is an excellent read.

Miller daredevil

Miller Year One

Loeb The Long Halloween

Kirkman The Walking Dead

What is it about?

Well I went for it, bought the first 2 trades. Is decent so far, I am seeing the setup already: Innocence at first, soon to be lost as he discovers his new world. I will continue to read it.

Thanks for the input all.

Hi,

Miller daredevil

Miller Year One

Loeb The Long Halloween

Kirkman The Walking Dead

What is it about?

Well I went for it, bought the first 2 trades. Is decent so far, I am seeing the setup already: Innocence at first, soon to be lost as he discovers his new world. I will continue to read it.

Thanks for the input all.

Glad you're staying with it. The next trade really completes the opening arc. Enjoy! (thumbs u

Awesome, i will let you know what I think as I get through it. While I like it, it isn't like the Walking Dead where I could not put it down. I Had bought the first 2 trades of Walking Dead, got so hooked I bought the next 12 and read them all in one sitting.

Awesome, i will let you know what I think as I get through it. While I like it, it isn't like the Walking Dead where I could not put it down. I Had bought the first 2 trades of Walking Dead, got so hooked I bought the next 12 and read them all in one sitting.

+1

There are times where I couldn't wait for the new issue. About 2 or 3 years ago, I loved it and it was my favorite comic. However, I just bought the newest comic and I haven't even read it. :(

I read the first first TPB about a year ago and then stopped because I found it to be a little weak :makepoint: then a couple months ago I wanted to read something new...and decided to give it another shot--- burned through all the TPB and started buying the monthly books. This book only gets stronger as each issue comes out :headbang:

IMO best Super Hero story out right now!! (thumbs u

And Ottley is only getting better! :cloud9:

I already owned the TPB #1-4 before seeing this. Just got 5-6 as well. I am liking this series.

sorry :( i just found out about it my self cause ryan tweeted about it

I read the first first TPB about a year ago and then stopped because I found it to be a little weak :makepoint: then a couple months ago I wanted to read something new...and decided to give it another shot--- burned through all the TPB and started buying the monthly books. This book only gets stronger as each issue comes out :headbang:

IMO best Super Hero story out right now!! (thumbs u

And Ottley is only getting better! :cloud9:

awesome :) another one hooked lol ! Yeah honestly I just find invincible to be a good fun read though lately the books have been way drama ... still manage to throw in the humor though like with the bank tech guy :D classic lol !

Edited by synch

I just finished the 6th trade. I will be buying more on Thursday.

I do enjoy the humor thrown in on ocassion, like the clone Mauler guys. I enjoyed when one was deformed, yet still cloned himself but it was very apparant who the original was. Their entire relationship changed. Funny stuff.