• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Twitter rant? How much beyond one post did he say that? I joke to him about burning art a ton but he only did 7 pages.

It seems to be a running theme of his, at least 8 tweets in the past year. Don't get me wrong I love his art and he seems like a real nice fellow who does lovely things for charity but not everyone can be perfect.

I picked up the first 8 Ultimate Collections on a whim. After half way through the first book, I thought I had wasted my money, but I stuck with it to see what all of the praise was about. I'm so glad I did as I read the whole series in a week and a half. I just read the latest trade paperback along with the last two issues to be fully caught up. This along with Chew, Saga and Six Gun Gorilla are the reason I got back into comics.

I picked up the first 8 Ultimate Collections on a whim. After half way through the first book, I thought I had wasted my money, but I stuck with it to see what all of the praise was about. I'm so glad I did as I read the whole series in a week and a half. I just read the latest trade paperback along with the last two issues to be fully caught up. This along with Chew, Saga and Six Gun Gorilla are the reason I got back into comics.

Yea that first story isn't great. Glad you stuck with it!

What is GPA on an Invincible 1 CGC 9.8? Would love to pick one up some day.

I don't have GPA, but they are usually around $350 from what I've seen. I watch and check for them pretty often. In all honesty, I think last year alone I only saw about 5 or 6 graded copies between here and ebay. It isn't a high demand book, but it is very hard to find because people that have it hang on to it.

I don't have GPA, but they are usually around $350 from what I've seen. I watch and check for them pretty often. In all honesty, I think last year alone I only saw about 5 or 6 graded copies between here and ebay. It isn't a high demand book, but it is very hard to find because people that have it hang on to it.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

The book came up late last night and is already gone. I even put up a sales thread trying to raise funs knowing it'd probably be gone by the end of the day. Great price!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Invincible-1-CGC-9-8-/300950054618?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item46120566da

use Bill Me Later next time, or your credit card.

that seems like a good price.

The book came up late last night and is already gone. I even put up a sales thread trying to raise funs knowing it'd probably be gone by the end of the day. Great price!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Invincible-1-CGC-9-8-/300950054618?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item46120566da

use Bill Me Later next time, or your credit card.

that seems like a good price.

It said I was not eligible for the Bill Me Later. And my credit card is maxed out. Tough times when you have little kids and are a teacher that hasn't been paid since June. If it had been up two weeks later it would have been mine.

Burning art is a form of art (deep)

Would you consider using burning art to stat a barn fire ? If so, is there anything like a burning art barn fire ?

There is nothing like a barn fire. Nothing.

Burning art is a form of art (deep)

Would you consider using burning art to stat a barn fire ? If so, is there anything like a burning art barn fire ?

There is nothing like a barn fire. Nothing.

I was just checking to make sure in case something new happened lol

I started a reread of this the other day. I got through the first two HCs in about a day each. I've retread the first five HCs several times, but the later issues, I've only read once as singles. Best super hero book ever.

I started a reread of this the other day. I got through the first two HCs in about a day each. I've retread the first five HCs several times, but the later issues, I've only read once as singles. Best super hero book ever.

That was a big reason I did a re-read. I'd read my first 5 Ultimate Collections a few times, but post Viltrumite War I'd only read those issues once when I bought them as floppies.

Let us know what you think the second time around with the later issues.

I picked up hc 3 late last night intending to read an issue or two before bed. I couldn't put it down and ended up finishing it after 2am. HC 1 was all set up. HC 2 was all intro to many subplots. HC 3 was where the story jumped into what it would become.

So.... you like it I presume? ;)

I can't read hardcovers or compediums :(

I'm doomed to TPBs or floppys... preferrably "bigger" tpb's

I get the singles and then the hardcovers for rereading. For the books that I like to read a lot, I go with hardcovers. The pages are nice and bigger, but they are still comfortable to read laying down. Trades are good, but they get a bit too much wear and I've been soured on them a bit by the crappily made vertigo trades that the interior tends to separate form the cover.