• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

So cool hey! Ryan said it's going to be a print for an upcoming con. I hope there will be some left over in his store. I'm going to HAVE to get one of those.

Where did you hear that? I'll have to find one. Is it a reprint of the actual first issue or a variant on a later issue?

Just a print that will be sold by him at Salt Lake Comicon and Baltimore Comicon, he said so on his blog.

Still reading my compendium one (need to hurry up - busy)

I've never read a compendium and only really handled it for a few seconds here and there at the shop but I'm worried its going to be just too damn big and clunky to read lying in bed.

How are you finding it? Easy to handle? Comfortable?

It's not reader friendly (heavy/cumbersome), but it's wallet friendly ($44 for 48 issues). The best way (I have found) to read a big volume like this is to sit in a comfortable chair and put a big pillow on your lap to hold the book and make it comfortable to read.

Good tip, thanks! Cant wait!

Looks like $325 is the price right now:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350860495908?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649&autorefresh=true

If my daughter didn't play ice hockey I'd have been all over this auction. I was tempted to put in a bid but just not the right time. There is a 9.6 up on the bay too for a decent price.

On issue 23 and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. It certainly has an Ultimate Spider-man feel to it and that's a good thing.

I think I'll have a greater appreciation for it as I continue to read it and give it some time. I've literally only been reading it for 2 days so it's tough to fall in love with something (and appreciate everything about it) in such a short amount of time.

I had a few chuckles too. When Invincible is wearing the dress during the love ceremony with the Aquarus queen. And when he meets that comic artist at his local shop and the artist explains how sometimes he uses the same panels over to save time, and Invincible says "isn't that cheap?" and the book then uses a bunch of the same panels before the artist says "no". It's clever.

Looking forward to the rest. Hoping for some twists and turns.

tumblr_ms95dbRE1N1qglmjyo1_500.jpg

I.

Want.

This.

I got mine today with a nice Ottley sig on the bottom (he just signs "Ryan"). He was a nice guy. I caught his booth early. It was like a family affair too. When I was there early, he had his son sitting back there. Later I walked past again and his wife (who was attractive) was sitting with him. Pretty cool stuff and I love the print.

I was lucky to get on Ottley's commission list at Baltimore Comic Con this weekend. I'm loving my commission. :cloud9:

It looks F'N fantastic in person. There are more grey tones on Invincible and the clouds that aren't being picked up in the scan...

Invinciblefullscanjpeg_zps8ed278d8.jpg

I was lucky to get on Ottley's commission list at Baltimore Comic Con this weekend. I'm loving my commission. :cloud9:

It looks F'N fantastic in person. There are more grey tones on Invincible and the clouds that aren't being picked up in the scan...

You get on the list early Saturday? What was he charging? I didn't even ask because of my budget. I was happy with the Avengers 1 Swipe and meeting him, but I'm curious.

That is a great pickup.

You get on the list early Saturday? What was he charging? I didn't even ask because of my budget. I was happy with the Avengers 1 Swipe and meeting him, but I'm curious.

That is a great pickup.

1st in line. :headbang:

PM sent on his prices. (thumbs u

Ryan's list was full by about 945 I'd guess. I got there around 10:10 and he was booked already. He fit one guy in after the first rush, but that guy REALLY seemed like a huge fan so he took care of him. The guy was shaking he was so happy to get it.

Don't forget this picture of your commission being worked on, Maloney.

1175426_565954453441600_1645002425_n.jpg

The pic looks bad, but honestly he was super careful when I was getting the camera ready.