• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Aw man. You are in for a treat. Invincible war then conquest. I'm so jealous you're going to read it for the first time.

THIS!!!

+100

The 2nd volume is going to be much better. (thumbs u

Conquest and The Viltrumite War! :cloud9:

:news:

Picked back up the compendium one last night.

Going to try to finish it by Christmas (totally doable).

Finished compendium one tonight. :)

Ordered compendium two. Will be here Tuesday.

Awesome :grin:

I did a brief search online and it doesn't say if compendium 2 contains "Invincible Returns." It was a single issue that takes place in-between issues 70 and 71. It introduces the leader of the Viltrumites Thragg.

Check the compendium once it arrives to see if that issue is included. If it's not in there, it's a cheap book you can find at your LCS. If they don't have it, PM me and I'll send you one. (thumbs u

Picked back up the compendium one last night.

Going to try to finish it by Christmas (totally doable).

Finished compendium one tonight. :)

Ordered compendium two. Will be here Tuesday.

Awesome :grin:

I did a brief search online and it doesn't say if compendium 2 contains "Invincible Returns." It was a single issue that takes place in-between issues 70 and 71. It introduces the leader of the Viltrumites Thragg.

Check the compendium once it arrives to see if that issue is included. If it's not in there, it's a cheap book you can find at your LCS. If they don't have it, PM me and I'll send you one. (thumbs u

Thanks my friend (thumbs u

The compendium one contained 3-4 'extra' issues (like Invincible #0 and some Darkhawk (I think) team up issue). I would think the compendium two would have the Invincible Returns issue, but I'll let you know.

I'm going to dive right in tomorrow night :whee:

Hey guys, not sure if I have shared this one. I don't have a legal scanner and misplaced this scan when I bought it. Now that I am adding it to my CAF I thought I would share it here. This is my only inked Invincible page and it has everything I want, looking sharp! I'm going to stick it in spoilers as Ryan and possibly others are still catching up.

Mark and Oliver VS. Conquest!!!

I like to own pages that can tell a story hanging on the wall by themselves. Oliver swoops in, headstrong, to save Mark. The second row depicts Olivers frustration at his inability to catch up with the strong, more mature Viltrumites. Then the carnage. Conquest puts Mark through a building, then gleefully shoots through it with no concern for those he has doomed. The look on Conquests face in that last panel defines the character for me. He's evil and he scared me. My favorite villian. Thragg is a person_without_enough_empathy!

Rathburn-Invincible20Issue206420pg2014.jpg

I bought the compendium, read the first 30 or so issues in a few days, enjoyed it, but just stopped. Cold turkey. No explanation really.

I liked it for sure but it wasn't nearly as good as I was hoping.

I should finish it though.

I bought the compendium, read the first 30 or so issues in a few days, enjoyed it, but just stopped. Cold turkey. No explanation really.

I liked it for sure but it wasn't nearly as good as I was hoping.

I should finish it though.

I think the end of the 1st compendium and beginning of the 2nd is the slowest part of the series. If you're going to get bored with Invincible that's the spot. But don't give up on the series, it gets much better. (thumbs u

#'s 59-81 are a great run of issues with each storyline being great. (PowerPlex, Invincible War, Conquest, Intro of Dinosaurus, Viltrumite War, and I don't want to spoil issue #79)

Then there's a few filler issues in the early 80's then the story picks back up for the late 80's (Thragg's obsession with Invincible).

The Monster Girl and Rex storyline in the early 90's was filler. 2c

But the lead up to issue 100 and the current issues are back to being great. (thumbs u