• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thought you guys might apperciate these.

15 posts in this topic

dude! those are some sweet looking books.

Is it safe to assume the Star Wars book is signed by the actor that was in the Chewbacca suit?

And that Hulk book is pretty sweet as well!

I must say though, the fact that you submitted the books in January and only got them back the other day is disconcerting. What took so long?

Yeah, the Star Wars is autographed by Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca). That particular book was damaged during the labeling process, The label stuck to the cover. It took this long to find a replacement copy and to have Peter appear at a signing to get it signed again

Yeah, the Star Wars is autographed by Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca). That particular book was damaged during the labeling process, The label stuck to the cover. It took this long to find a replacement copy and to have Peter appear at a signing to get it signed again

Did CGC recoup you for the damage to the original copy since it was damaged during the labeling process? Did they offer any compensation like a free grading voucher for the mis-hap?

I got that Star Wars book signed for you at DragonCon for CGC. I am glad it came back as a 9.8. I was worried carrying it around since it was a magazine and all the other books I was getting done were moderns.

I made a window box magazine bag for that book as I do for all books I get done at shows and Peter thought I was being rediculous because he had to sign in through the window. He was reluctant and overall not very friendly, but was still able to get it done.

Just a side note: we've mentioned this to many Witnesses before, but if you do decide to use window bags to protect your books when they are getting signed PLEASE make sure that you put them in regular bags when you submit the books to CGC to ensure that they are protected.

Just a side note: we've mentioned this to many Witnesses before, but if you do decide to use window bags to protect your books when they are getting signed PLEASE make sure that you put them in regular bags when you submit the books to CGC to ensure that they are protected.

I always do Kevin, so I assume that this comment was not directed towards me.