• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink - Day 1: what'd you buy?

104 posts in this topic

Really didn't expect to win this one....looks nice for the grade.In fact, I've noticed a lot of NICE 7.5's lately.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

SUPERBOY89.jpg

Nice one! That's what we call "buying for the book, not the grade"! How that didn't get at least an 8 beats me.

:applause:

That's the only way to go....especially for the tiers that are separated by a full .5. Steve Borock was talking with me at a show once and agreed that some of the greatest disparity ( and deals) were found in the 8.5 grade....with many books not quite making 9.0...but still markedly nicer than 8.5. GOD BLESS...

P.S. Considering the amount of money that comes in to play...there really should have been an 8.75 grade (shrug)

That's the only way to go....especially for the tiers that are separated by a full .5. Steve Borock was talking with me at a show once and agreed that some of the greatest disparity ( and deals) were found in the 8.5 grade....with many books not quite making 9.0...but still markedly nicer than 8.5. GOD BLESS...

P.S. Considering the amount of money that comes in to play...there really should have been an 8.75 grade (shrug)

Agreed and Steve makes a great point. I absolutely enjoy buying 8.5's and they have become the sweet spot for my collection. They allow me the best of both worlds - nice eye appeal at a generally good price.