• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink - Day 1: what'd you buy?

104 posts in this topic

I was thrilled to pick this up for only $130 :D

That was a bit over GPA, but I thought GPA was undervalued on this book.

Where else am I going to get a giant size Batman title/cover in 9.6 from 1970 that is the highest CGC graded copy (and also a Don Rosa copy).

RADD5347200891_175325.jpg

Nice

Had a lowish bid on TTA 79 (Hulk vs Herc) 9.4 which I really wanted but I had a hockey game at the time of auction closing & totally forgot about it. Got outbid and it went for lower than what I would have paid... My loss is someone else's gain. I'll hold out for the 9.8... :wishluck:

Still picked up FF annual 3 6.0 & Marvel Premiere 26 9.4 under 30$

I was thrilled to pick this up for only $130 :D

That was a bit over GPA, but I thought GPA was undervalued on this book.

Where else am I going to get a giant size Batman title/cover in 9.6 from 1970 that is the highest CGC graded copy (and also a Don Rosa copy).

RADD5347200891_175325.jpg

Nice

Agreed. I was the cheap azz underbidder.

Nothing too special, but it was my first ever win on C-Link. I usually get blown out of the water. Don't see this in high grade too often, and it does have the death of Dracula.

RAD244F72008826_111256.jpg

(thumbs u

--Great looking book electricprune, nice pickup!

mine was $350 and i thought that was crazy as well

Maybe I am :insane: but it's not TOO "crazy". I originally didn't want to go much more than $400/450 but you really have to push a little harder for the truly obscure, hard to come by stuff these days... especially lately.

Its at best thinly traded, so the "GPA/true market value" equation is inaccurate as a result IMO. I figure a decent 9.4 would go $225-$275+ now. The last 9.4 sold for $175 in 2006 and I believe that is more indicative of current demand for the book.That Curator 9.6 sale that's listed has to be the anomaly... and I never saw it. Maybe it was on Heritage when barely anyone was watching?

Anyway, it's the first 9.4 or 9.6 that I ever noticed and a cool 1970's book.

It will go well with my 9.6 Outlaw Kid 1, Western Team Up 1, Night Rider 1 and with any luck soon... a Western Gunfighters 1.

Maybe I am :insane: but it's not TOO "crazy". I originally didn't want to go much more than $400/450 but you really have to push a little harder for the truly obscure, hard to come by stuff these days... especially lately.

Its at best thinly traded, so the "GPA/true market value" equation is inaccurate as a result IMO. I figure a decent 9.4 would go $225-$275+ now. The last 9.4 sold for $175 in 2006 and I believe that is more indicative of current demand for the book.That Curator 9.6 sale that's listed has to be the anomaly... and I never saw it. Maybe it was on Heritage when barely anyone was watching?

It will go well with my 9.6 Outlaw Kid 1, Western Team Up 1, Night Rider 1 and with any luck soon... a Western Gunfighters 1.

Should have bought one years ago like I did.

Should have bought one years ago like I did.

Yeah... but I did buy so many great books on the ground floor that I can't beat myself up over some of the books I missed. I was not even remotely interested in the horror, western, obscure (night nurse) stuff years back as you'll recall. I never foresaw myself having an interest in these genre's back then.