• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, manetteska said:

You have to sign up for it through the eBay site. I think it has been changed that each purchase = 1% deposit of eBay "bucks". (I forget what the base amount was before.)

Then throughout the year they send you messages for up to 10% eBay Bucks (usually with a minimum $50 purchase) for a limited time. Every quarter (? again, not sure on exact timing), all of your eBay bucks are accumulated and given to you as a "certificate" to spend on eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html

Can't believe I never heard of this. I could've saved $100s. But at least I'll start now. Thanks!

14 hours ago, bcphillips119 said:

Not everyone gets these offers... don't know the criteria to get them though.

Correct, the offers are not universal. I am not sure how they are configured as to timing and recipients.

For me, a 10% offer ended late least week (it said for President's Day but ended before 2/20) and a new 10% offer just began yesterday. So 2 10% offers back-to-back when the last offer like this was around Christmas (for me).

Looks like they're pulling the plug on the Hughes Betty & Veronica series. The solicits for the tradepaperback say this:

BETTY AND VERONICA BY ADAM HUGHES VOLUME 1 collects legendary artist Adam Hughes’ iconic three issue run of the ALL-NEW Betty and Veronica comic series. Betty and Veronica are America’s sweethearts… until they turn on each other! Friendships will shatter. Cities will burn. Nails will be broken.

BettyAndVeronica_byAdamHughes.jpg

This is the first time I'm hearing it's a 3-issue run. Wonder if he provided art too slowly, or if there were enough complaints about the story/art that they pulled the plug. I'd think they would've said it was only a 3-issue run before now if it was intended that way. 

I have two complete runs of the Hughes Catwoman covers.  All are in 8.5 or higher grade, many appear to be at least a 9.4 or higher.  I bought the majority of them off the rack, so not a lot into them.  Other than the usual suspects of 51, 70 and 74, what issues (assuming a 9.6 or higher is possible) are worth slabbing?

10 hours ago, drotto said:

I have two complete runs of the Hughes Catwoman covers.  All are in 8.5 or higher grade, many appear to be at least a 9.4 or higher.  I bought the majority of them off the rack, so not a lot into them.  Other than the usual suspects of 51, 70 and 74, what issues (assuming a 9.6 or higher is possible) are worth slabbing?

My personal opinion:

46, 48, 65 and maybe the issues with Zatanna. 

I think just about any of his CW run that are NM+ or NM/M would be worth slabbing. Even better, get them signed if he is coming to a con near you. I bet any of his books slabbed in that condition would sell for more than it cost to slab them. More and more are starting to collect that run or Hughes covers in general.

14 hours ago, drotto said:

If they are 8.5 - 9.4 I wouldn't bother slabbing.

11 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Slabbing is always a gamble (an educated one hopefully) with the grade.  I have had a few books I am scratching my head on, in both directions to be honest, but I am usually within one grade or on target. I am very confident that 90% are at least a 9.2.  There is only one I think would come back an 8.0 or 8.5.  I was not planning on slabbing all of them, just picking the best of the best.

Edited by drotto

I find that it is easier to pick out 9.6 and 9.8 books for slabbing than it is for 8.5 - 9.4. Grading is still a bit of an art, and since books in the 9.0 - 9.4 range have some number of minor dings it can depend on the grader's preference on a given day.

That being said, I tend to be pleasantly surprised on every submission to CGC so they can keep up the good work! :whee:

6 hours ago, ygogolak said:

21 hours ago, drotto said:

What issues (assuming a 9.6 or higher is possible) are worth slabbing?

hm

;) 

Edited by Hado