• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Flatliner1313 said:

I recently added this piece to my Hughes collection...

Hughes_Cynthia.JPG

OMG!  I totally love this!  Great addition Flatliner!  I hope one day soon, I'll be able to add an original work to my Hughes collection!

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Looks like the Captain Marvel variant is on it's way to becoming the next Supergirl LOSH #23.

It's odd, I just don't care for that one (The CM) and at the strong prices, I don't think I'll ever get a copy.

16 minutes ago, manetteska said:

IMO there are many AH! covers better than that. A lot of overlooked stuff still out there...

fables ftw

6 minutes ago, revat said:

fables ftw

Fables is not a mainstream character/story with any mass appeal. Captain Marvel has a movie coming. And, no, I don't think that really has any relation to the prices being seen now.

IIRC, the image for this book was not released prior to FOC. So, it was a gamble. Mighty Thor #4 came out a month later and had the same set of circumstances. That art however is not as good, IMO and has not seen the price increase.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Fables is not a mainstream character/story with any mass appeal. Captain Marvel has a movie coming. And, no, I don't think that really has any relation to the prices being seen now.

IIRC, the image for this book was not released prior to FOC. So, it was a gamble. Mighty Thor #4 came out a month later and had the same set of circumstances. That art however is not as good, IMO and has not seen the price increase.

So you think this book has a higher price because it was a gamble? Was Hughes really a gamble at this point? ... all of a year ago?

31 minutes ago, manetteska said:

IMO there are many AH! covers better than that. A lot of overlooked stuff still out there...

One of the things Ive always liked about AH! covers is how clever many of them are in regards to poses, action, background or whats going on in the scene. I think thats one reason Im not a big fan of that one. Its extremely basic.

14 minutes ago, manetteska said:

So you think this book has a higher price because it was a gamble? Was Hughes really a gamble at this point? ... all of a year ago?

Depends where you were ordering from meaning your initial cost. As I said with the Thor variant, it's not seeing the returns of this one. I have yet to see an artist that is not a gamble, meaning a slam dunk on ROI. If you want it for the PC it's even a gamble. You could possibly buy it for cheaper at a later date if it doesn't catch on.

I think a good example, while not a variant, is Sensation Comics Wonder Woman #4. Great cover, Wonder Woman, and yet the image was released for pre-orders so there is a glut of them on the market.

23 minutes ago, Hado said:

What is FOC?

Final Order Cutoff. When retailers still have time to increase there order if a late announcement is made for a book or if they simply want to order more than their initial order. This is also what ComiChron basis their monthly numbers off of.

Was at HPB and was selling some stuff to them and went to look at the comics, this one made me lol so I bought it for a buck ;)  DEFINITELY NOT 9.8 but beats paying for shipping 

IMG_20170325_0001.jpg