• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Hado said:

And this arrived today! :whee:

I like this as well :) He seems to use "soft" colors that I enjoy, it pops lol, comics are added to my list often. As I'm fairly new to Hughes I can appreciate it, but I'm sure that will be added too as well.

13 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Nice pickups Hado

that Hero book is a pain

The guy I bought it off has another on eBay lol

Also I did find a Sally Forth 8, took a gamble and it is beat to . :facepalm:

Oh well, it's a placeholder for now.

1 hour ago, Hado said:

:cloud9:

You know what I'm most proud of? 

That damn JLI #31. That was my very first exposure to Adam Hughes. In fact, I *think* #39 was my very first issue of Justice League.  Maybe #38, now that I think about it. Possibly #37, but no earlier than that.

That Despero run, #37-#40, is one of the best damn Justice League stories ever told. Really. 

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

9 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

You know what I'm most proud of? 

That damn JLI #31. That was my very first exposure to Adam Hughes. In fact, I *think* #39 was my very first issue of Justice League.  Maybe #38, now that I think about it. Possibly #37, but no earlier than that.

That Despero run, #37-#40, is one of the best damn Justice League stories ever told. Really. 

They're beautiful books, you've been on quite the roll lately.

All those Danger Girls as well.

@RockMyAmadeus  on those Zorro #3's with Lady Rawhide by hughes: I notice there are like two different comics with the same cover online? One that says special edition Lady Rawhide 1 and the one like yours that is Zorro 3, is that the original cover? both are topps comics etc. so I didn't know if it mattered which one I got? they have the Special edition at my LCS for like $6 but it's not 9.8.

I didn't know if it was the same comic or if there was a difference is all. LCS has the Lady Rawhide 1 with the same cover as the Zorro 3 etc. Just wondering 

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@RockMyAmadeus  on those Zorro #3's with Lady Rawhide by hughes: I notice there are like two different comics with the same cover online? One that says special edition Lady Rawhide 1 and the one like yours that is Zorro 3, is that the original cover? both are topps comics etc. so I didn't know if it mattered which one I got? they have the Special edition at my LCS for like $6 but it's not 9.8.

I didn't know if it was the same comic or if there was a difference is all. LCS has the Lady Rawhide 1 with the same cover as the Zorro 3 etc. Just wondering 

The Lady Rawhide Special Edition #1 is a reprint of Zorro #3 (and perhaps some other books.) Zorro #3 is the original. It used to be quite the hot book, during the mid-90's "bad girl" phase, but is pretty cheap these days...except in 9.8. ;)

On the off-chance that there's a Lady Rawhide renaissance, Zorro #3 would be the book to have.

12 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The Lady Rawhide Special Edition #1 is a reprint of Zorro #3 (and perhaps some other books.) Zorro #3 is the original. It used to be quite the hot book, during the mid-90's "bad girl" phase, but is pretty cheap these days...except in 9.8. ;)

On the off-chance that there's a Lady Rawhide renaissance, Zorro #3 would be the book to have.

Just got my Zorro #3 last weekend.

Renaissance me up.

Patrick

8 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Hado killing it

I subbed some Hughes recently, catwoman 51 9.8, Zatanna 15 9.6, Zatanna 16 9.2 (I knew this was a lower grade copy)

amnesiac hooked me up. :headbang:

Congrats on the grades, I'm going to put together a submission next week that may have a few Hughes books.  I'm really liking the new slabs.

On 3/11/2017 at 1:16 AM, Hado said:

amnesiac hooked me up. :headbang:

Congrats on the grades, I'm going to put together a submission next week that may have a few Hughes books.  I'm really liking the new slabs.

Picked up a bunch of Catwoman at the end of the show in NYC this weekend, all high grade. Will wait for SS with Adam :banana:

Picked up a few AH dollar books at Lexington Comic Con this weekend. Nothing to really blow your skirt up (and nothing that I don't already have multiples of) but some solid buck picks.

Photo Mar 14, 8 27 18 PM.jpg