• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,302 posts in this topic

I got 30 books signed by Hughes yesterday here in Dallas along with a sketch. All of them turned out great. I got my WW books signed by Jimenez as well. Thanks to TheCollector for witnessing for me and getting the sketch. 

4 hours ago, kevhtx said:

I got 30 books signed by Hughes yesterday here in Dallas along with a sketch. All of them turned out great. I got my WW books signed by Jimenez as well. Thanks to TheCollector for witnessing for me and getting the sketch. 

That's awesome!  Hope they turn up 9.8s.  Who'd you get a sketch of?

1 hour ago, Praxis52 said:

That's awesome!  Hope they turn up 9.8s.  Who'd you get a sketch of?

Yeah, I believe all the books were at least NM, but I would bet the majority will be NM+ and NM/M. The sketch was of Supergirl. 

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:37 AM, Hado said:

Still just trying to figure out the new boards, might as well do it here with AH! Books :cloud9:

original.jpg

awesome!

9 minutes ago, Reno McCoy said:

Got that right. I keep going back and spending more and more.

They keep sending me 10% eBay bucks offers and I keep buying stuff and the sellers keep shipping like fools.

A book between 2 pieces of cardboard, not actually taped to the cardboard, inside a manila envelope. :facepalm:

15 minutes ago, Reno McCoy said:

Got that right. I keep going back and spending more and more.

I bid on one book, won.  Looked at similar items, saw a book I liked.. bought that too doh!

24 minutes ago, manetteska said:

They keep sending me 10% eBay bucks offers and I keep buying stuff and the sellers keep shipping like fools.

A book between 2 pieces of cardboard, not actually taped to the cardboard, inside a manila envelope. :facepalm:

How do you get these eBay bucks? I've never used them. 

3 hours ago, Reno McCoy said:

How do you get these eBay bucks? I've never used them. 

You have to sign up for it through the eBay site. I think it has been changed that each purchase = 1% deposit of eBay "bucks". (I forget what the base amount was before.)

Then throughout the year they send you messages for up to 10% eBay Bucks (usually with a minimum $50 purchase) for a limited time. Every quarter (? again, not sure on exact timing), all of your eBay bucks are accumulated and given to you as a "certificate" to spend on eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

You have to sign up for it through the eBay site. I think it has been changed that each purchase = 1% deposit of eBay "bucks". (I forget what the base amount was before.)

Then throughout the year they send you messages for up to 10% eBay Bucks (usually with a minimum $50 purchase) for a limited time. Every quarter (? again, not sure on exact timing), all of your eBay bucks are accumulated and given to you as a "certificate" to spend on eBay.

http://pages.ebay.com/rewards/faq.html

Not everyone gets these offers... don't know the criteria to get them though.

2 minutes ago, bcphillips119 said:

Not everyone gets these offers... don't know the criteria to get them though.

I haven't gotten any offers, but I noticed recently that when I looked at the eBay bucks page, it says to sign up for promotions (and details where to go to sign up). I wonder if its as simple as that.

11 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

got this on eBay - not the best shape but it's a pain to find.

http:// A500513A-0A8C-41DF-9FA6-55FAF5BA2D18_zps

Bud Plant used to sell a "pack" of Sally Forths on clearance for, I dunno, 4 or 5 bucks, that included this issue, as well as a Xaime Hernandez cover as well, I believe? I had a couple of them. Lost it back when I did the big sell off about 15 years ago. Now that I'm rebuilding the collection, this one is a bear. It's funny how stuff you could barely give away at one point becomes so desired down the road.