• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some nice golden age offerings - DC, Marvel, etc

44 posts in this topic

Superman #11 CGC 7.5 OW $3,200

This is a terrific book with vibrant color cover and no major flaws. I purchased it from a highly thought of dealer in January, 2006 raw. It is from the Detroit Trolley collection and came with a certificate from the Restoration Lab stating that no restoration had been done on the book which I still have FWIW. The book was then sent to CGC by me. Of course, I could have theoretically had it pressed before sending it to CGC, but well, I didn't.

So, a beautiful, unrestored copy. The census has one 9.0 and then 3 7.5s. I'd be pretty surprised if either of the other 2 7.5s are as nice as this one. My scanner seems to have trouble with the yellow so, two scans to clearly see the front cover.

Superman11-1.jpg

Superman11a.jpg

This is such a freaking sweet yellow GA cover. And that Action #63 was very tempting.

The census has one 9.0 and then 3 7.5s. I'd be pretty surprised if either of the other 2 7.5s are as nice as this one.

I can verify that one of the other copies of Supes #11 in 7.5 has water damage to the bottom of the front cover, so you're probably right about this being the nicest of the three.

The census has one 9.0 and then 3 7.5s. I'd be pretty surprised if either of the other 2 7.5s are as nice as this one.

I can verify that one of the other copies of Supes #11 in 7.5 has water damage to the bottom of the front cover, so you're probably right about this being the nicest of the three.

This is also an OO Detroit Trolley copy. Man is it ever sweet!

Sold a bunch in a different thread. The only thing left is a Junior 12 - 7.5. $650

Junior12-1.jpg

Yeah, we corresponded about that one before. Unfortunately, I also own a 7.5 copy of that issue in pedigree. Good luck on your sale (thumbs u

I'm pretty sure there's at least one 8.0 copy in there somewhere. hm

but I will say that your 7.5 is beautiful, nice centering, bright, clean. Most #11s have surface dirt, even some of the higher grades.

Action Comics #39 CGC 4.0 C/OW $450

ActionComics39.jpg

very tough book, great price :o

I'm really surprised that this hasn't sold. Nicely centered, very presentable copy for a very reasonable price. If I didn't already have a copy, I'd snap it up.

ActionComics39.jpg

I'm really surprised that this hasn't sold. Nicely centered, very presentable copy for a very reasonable price. If I didn't already have a copy, I'd snap it up.

hm that is pretty awesome. OSPG has it at 380.

ActionComics39.jpg

OSPG is wrong. ;)

ActionComics39.jpg

OSPG is wrong. ;)

:roflmao:

ActionComics39.jpg

OSPG is wrong. ;)

They can`t be can they doh!

ActionComics39.jpg

OSPG is wrong. ;)

:takeit:

and pizz on the rest of you for making fun of me :banana:

ActionComics39.jpg

OSPG is wrong. ;)

You're a wise man. Can't go wrong with that book. (thumbs u

ActionComics39.jpg

OSPG is wrong. ;)

You're a wise man. Can't go wrong with that book. (thumbs u

:applause::applause::applause: