• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's all write into DC!

8 posts in this topic

Here's my letter to current Bat editor Bob Schreck asking him to bring back Norm to the title. Feel free to send him a letter too! thumbsup2.gif

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Bob Schreck

DC Comics

1700 Broadway

New York, NY 10019

Dear Mr. Schreck:

I am writing today to implore you to bring back the artistic talents of Norm Breyfogle to a Batman book, preferably the flagship title. Norm is a fan favorite whose rendition of the Dark Knight is one of the best yet. I have no doubt in my mind that bringing back Norm would result in higher sales for the title and bring back some long time fans. I can’t help but think that the recent success of Hush was due to fan favorite Jim Lee doing the pencils and I would expect a similarly favorably result from bringing back Norm who has amassed a large following over the years.

Thank you for your time and I hope that you give serious consideration to bringing Mr. Breyfogle back to a Batman title.

Sincerely,

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dam you are such a breyfogle addict.....why not bring Kelley Jones back to do the Dark Knight. Those Knightfall covers are wonderful. What about Tom Mandrake etc etc. What is it about Breyfogle that floats your boat.....

If I buy the answer I would be more than happy to flick DC a letter.

Dam you are such a breyfogle addict.....why not bring Kelley Jones back to do the Dark Knight. Those Knightfall covers are wonderful. What about Tom Mandrake etc etc. What is it about Breyfogle that floats your boat.....

This has actually proven to be a really tough question. I would say I like Breyfogle just because it "feels right". I liked how he drew him dark and gritty with a slight cartoonish feel to it. That and his Robin is hands down the best - I love the Tim Drake Robin that Norm did - very fresh and energetic, a contrast that worked well for Batman's more experienced and brooding manner.

Right now I am really loving Buzz's take on the dark knight - it's really gorgeous. Very clean and fit but with the exaggerated ears and cape to make him take on more characteristics of an actual "bat". If you haven't seen it, take a look at this great jla piece: (married scan)

http://www.justbuzz.com/images/newart/jla.jpg

or my Batman and Catwoman piece (married scan here too):

http://www.dam60.web1000.com/comic%20art/batcat%20buzz%20pinup.jpg

I also really enjoy Jim Aparo who does great stuff - I always liked his work, an athletic Batman yet he did the best job of really capturing the dichotomy - the playboy millionaire with the Batman.

Just my takes,

DAM

This has actually proven to be a really tough question. I would say I like Breyfogle just because it "feels right". I liked how he drew him dark and gritty with a slight cartoonish feel to it. That and his Robin is hands down the best - I love the Tim Drake Robin that Norm did - very fresh and energetic, a contrast that worked well for Batman's more experienced and brooding manner.

Right now I am really loving Buzz's take on the dark knight - it's really gorgeous. Very clean and fit but with the exaggerated ears and cape to make him take on more characteristics of an actual "bat". If you haven't seen it, take a look at this great jla piece: (married scan)

I also really enjoy Jim Aparo who does great stuff - I always liked his work, an athletic Batman yet he did the best job of really capturing the dichotomy - the playboy millionaire with the Batman.

Just my takes,

DAM

Batman sucks....... smirk.gif

Just my takes,

DAM

Batman sucks....... smirk.gif

Flicker.