• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM slabbed Avengers # 9

20 posts in this topic

I bought this slabbed book recently and was curious on peoples opinion of the grade.....and no it's because I'm planning on cracking it out.

scan0002-1.jpg[/img]

There are marks on the slab that do look a bit like stress lines but you can see that most of them run over past the edge of the comic and aren't on the book itself.

OK, the big reveal is that the book was graded by CGC as.....8.5.

Seems a bit harsh to me, I would put it at 9.0 in hand. Thanks for the opinions, I was curious what you guys would have to say about it. (thumbs u

I was going to go with 8.0 before I read the entire thread. I can see quite a few stresses, one "wrinkle" that is next to the spine and a little wear on the over hang. I think 8.5 is pretty nice as far as grade.

Don't have the comic in hand at this moment Roy but when I look at the scan I can see one stress and the "wrinkle" that you mentioned. I'll look at the book again tomorrow to see if I can see the rest.

There are marks on the slab that do look a bit like stress lines but you can see that most of them run over past the edge of the comic and aren't on the book itself.

OK, the big reveal is that the book was graded by CGC as.....8.5.

Seems a bit harsh to me, I would put it at 9.0 in hand. Thanks for the opinions, I was curious what you guys would have to say about it. (thumbs u

old label- crack that puppy and resub. well, maybe not.

Being a bit of a smart-arse here (I've seen the book in hand), my concern is with the area around the top staple...there seems to be some very, very faint cover stresses. Tiny and spidery, but they're there.

I'm going with a very strong 8.5 any day of the week and a 9.0 if Nik submitted it. (thumbs u

I was gonna go with 8.5 maybe 9.0 there is some stress but as said hard to see with glare and such.

Ditto for me - way too hard to differentiate between scratches and stress lines. A new front and back scan when you get it would help us to decide.................

Being a bit of a smart-arse here (I've seen the book in hand), my concern is with the area around the top staple...there seems to be some very, very faint cover stresses. Tiny and spidery, but they're there.

I'm going with a very strong 8.5 any day of the week and a 9.0 if Nik submitted it. (thumbs u

Smart arse. :baiting:

Hmmm, I just looked again at my original post on this thread and realised that I wrote that I was planning on cracking the book out.

What I MEANT to write was that I'm not planning on cracking it out. doh!