• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your top five moderns you read?

84 posts in this topic

1) Moon Knight: completist and will buy every one plus variants

2) Hulk: Probably stop buying this at #8 unless Moon Knight is in #9 and so on

3) Dead of Night: small series that come out here and there(really enjoy reading these)

Only moderns I buy thus I only have 3 and by year end hope to be down to just 2 and then only Moon Knight appearances in whatever books he may appear.

:)

Only have 3:

Walking Dead :headbang:

Proof

Locke & Key (ongoing series coming soon)

Am also working through the Y the Last Man trades.

I am working through the Y trades as well. Very very good.

Captain America

Rogues Revenge

Wolverine Old Man Logan

Stormin Paradise

Action Comics

Top 3 books are:

1.) The Walking Dead

2.) Captain America

3.) Daredevil

The next two if I have to pick 5 would be:

4.) Amazing Spider-Man (Although I didn't like the One More Day concept)

5.) Wolverine (Current Old Man Logan story is interesting)

Honorable mention would be:

The Ultimates & Ultimate Origins (But these don't come out monthly)

Astonishing X-Men (Whedon run is done, so it's out of my top 5)

As stated on the boards many times, the beauty of Jonah Hex is that most issues are complete stories. So it's a very easy series to try out.

Man it seems like im missing out on Jonah Hex, that good huh. Looks like i will have to go out and give it a shot. Im not reading Jonah Hex so im missing out i guess, anyone not reading Invincible is missing out as well. So ill pick up Hex and you all pick up Invincible if you dont already.

Hey, the good news is that in two years when you have more money you'll probably be able to snag a set of 1-50 on eBay for $50 or so. You've got something cool to look forward to.

I hate myself every single day for not picking up... Jonah Hex! That is such a great series and I hate my excuse... not making enough money at my current job with all my bills!

:censored: excuses! :frustrated: ... :pullhair:

1. Immortal Iron Fist (Best book I've read in awhile)

2. 100 Bullets (Bought a bunch of back issues on the boards "ADDICTED" I read the 1st, 2nd, 3rd TPB's now I'm trying to get the rest of the books)

3. Astounding Wolf-Man (pretty early in the series but it's great so far)

4. Uncanny X-men (I love mutants)

5. Kick (Just started but holy this book is off the hook)

If I could only pick one of course.......... Iron Fist will take the tops. The backbone that brubaker and fraction layed down for this series is taking off. Pick it up if you haven't you won't be disapointed.

Fables has to be #1 for me. Though Jack of Fables is good ole' fashion fun, it doesn't stand a chance against Fables. At this point, I think Willingham has used the silent yet intellectual Babe the Ox past the point of exhaustion. It's not really even that funny anymore. But Willingham does seem to drop a very funny line into each and every issue.

On the topic of T-Bolts, it's not bad and it's not great. Ellis set the foundation and I think readers like to see these characters in the current roles (as most are very one-dimensional outside of the book and this removes that temporarily - i.e. Bullseye vs Daredevil or Venom vs Spider-man). The post-Ellis issues are not bad. I thought it would tank. But for a reader that didn't check out Ellis' run, it's nothing to rave about.

Pat