• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what books are you watching in the comicconnect event auction?

116 posts in this topic

I would say most of the SA or BA bound volumes were done by collectors or comicshops. Even in the late 1980s, there was a LCS actively buying runs of ASM #1-10, 11-20 in vg- so he could trim the chipping right off then bind the spines with thread to make them appear vf in the hardcover. :o

I'm watching All Flash 1, Batman # 9, Action # 44, Captain Marvel #s 5 and 12.

The Batman # 9 is tempting, but there is restoration. There is a Blue label copy on eBay right now, but as I posted in another thread, I have concerns since I don't know the seller. The amount of great pieces of Gold up is amazing.

If I wasn't already in heavy on the Daredevil #1 I'd be running full tilt after the Wonder Comics #1. Someone please buy that book and sell it to me in a year for a profit. lol

I'm after the Wonder. I love this comic, but grade isn't great. How rare is this book in actuality and how often does one come up for sale?

Good luck in the auction everyone. May you all get what your hearts desire and more. ^^ Just as a reminder so you don't miss any of your lots, Session I (Titles A-G) ends Saturday, Sept. 27th at 10 PM and Session II (Titles H-Z) ends Sunday, Sept. 28th. If this is your first time bidding in an Event Auction, I recommend reading the Event Auction Details page so you know how it works and what to expect.

We'll have people in the office pretty much all day on both days for phone support, so if any help is needed, just call 212-895-3999 or 212-260-4147 (prefix 001- for international dialing) or email support@comicconnect.com . It may get a little busy towards the end of each session, so try to get any help you need earlier as opposed to later.

Showcase #4 CGC 9.4 , Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 8.5, Fantastic Four #2 CGC 9.4 , Detective Comics #29 CGC 6.0 & Captain America Comics #1 CGC 6.5 are the current front-runners. Actually, the FN+ AF#15 is getting up there too.The "Price: Highest First" sort for Event Auction search results gives a good view of what's hot.

More useful, perhaps, is the link to all the lots that may make for easy pick-ups. There are over 60 lots with no or "met" reserves, most of which are CGC, still under $50. Here's the link: Price: Lowest First

Also, today's Scoop Article mentions some good stuff that was consigned to the auction close to the last minute.

Thanks everyone who supported the auction as both bidders and consignors.

Ben

www.comicconnect.com

POS site crashed every time I tried to make a bid tonight. Glad I wasn't one of the consignors.

Yeah, my consigned books end tomorrow tonight and I'm growing concerned.

On one positive note, I don't think any of my lowball bids held up and most were blown away by above GPA bids. Hopefully, thats a good sign.

TIme to invest in a new server or two though.

Yeah, the site kept crashing on me as well.

I had one book consigned (Batman #15 CGC 7.5 White Pages), and the book ended for 1/2 guide ($845) with no reserve. I rejected a $1,350 offer on ComicLink a few months ago. doh!

I guess I'll chalk it up to lesson learned!

Yeah, the site kept crashing on me as well.

I had one book consigned (Batman #15 CGC 7.5 White Pages), and the book ended for 1/2 guide ($845) with no reserve. I rejected a $1,350 offer on ComicLink a few months ago. doh!

I guess I'll chalk it up to lesson learned!

It's not over yet. They extended auctions ending tonight to tomorrow night.

If this is your first time bidding in an Event Auction, I recommend reading the Event Auction Details page so you know how it works and what to expect.

From the Details page: "After each Event Auction Session's end time at 10 PM EST, there will be a 30 minute Extended Bidding Period for members to submit additional bids before each lot closes."

Can I just say this is one of the silliest rules yet? It`s the equivalent of setting an amplifier`s maximum volume at 11. All you`re doing is saying that bidding effectively ends at 10:30 pm, so why not just say so.

Now, the rule that says bidding on a book will be extended by 15 minutes if any bid is received less than 15 minutes before the end time, I can understand.

Although I didn`t see anything in the rules explaining why every Saturday night auction is now still open and will now end on Sunday night. WTF?!

I'm not sure if extending the auction is fair or not. My book's auction was supposed to end at 10PM and I am the high bidder..... (shrug)

I am not too happy right now. I placed my bid for a book, which is stratospheric for me.....and now I have to wait another 24 hours to see if it will stand when I have been fighting tooth and nail for it thus far. I do not think that it is fair at all. If the system running slow in the closing minutes were the case....one could extend an auction indefinitely. I should have my book tonight.....not have to wait for someone else to possibly take it from me in the next 24 hours. Screw this.