• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Comics #1 CGC 2.0 on ebay

47 posts in this topic

You really cant with 100% accuracy. Clues are low feedback bidders, new to EBay. Accounts not used in a very long time. Plus the known names of shill accounts. That and the known history of how this seller does business{poorly}. If anyone bids on theses books. Be very careful.. A little search on these forums will be of immense help. You will bid and take your chances. For example.. If the book does not sell for what it should. He would simply pull the auction with some lame azz excuse. Sorry but my shill bidders couldn't get the bids in fast enough near the end of the auction.. :screwy: You bid your bid and take your chances.... A ten foot poll isn't long enough for me... I'd stay well and far away from these auctions. Nice books for sure... Very ignorant and bad seller.. (tsk)

a bad seller, i have no doubt.

shiller, for sure.

ending auctions early, ive seen it done personally.

but if the book is slabbed CGC, and the seller accepts payment, has there ever been a case of stolen money or of silverage not sending a fully paid for item?

B.

The one saving grace is that it is CGC blue label. At least that takes the undisclosed restoration element out of the equation.

While I agree with you on that point, I would still steer clear simply because of previous issues with Gus, Greg, etc...

the owner of both these books (the Tec 27 and Marvel 1) had them listed on ebay themselves last week ($50K for the tec, $30K for the Marvel 1).... that was the BIN price... Silver age, contacted them, and told the owner that they (Silver age) could get the owners price, if the owner consigned to them... so, once the original auction ended, Silver Age got the scans, and posted (the owner still has both copies)...and, if you do a search for closed auctions, you can see the owner, and contact him direct if you want the books ...

I dont know other peoples history with them, but I never had problems buying stuff from Silver age. Actually got some great deals on some books from them. Including a 6.0 CGC Detective 44 for only 400 and change, A few other Caps, Actions, at very fair prices as well. If I had the money I would go for the Marvel 1 without a doubt. Its not like there is no reserve on it. Of course it will cost a lot.

As for the ending auction early complaints I read on here. I had bought some stuff where I contacted people and made offers to and auctions early. I dont see a big deal about that. Its Legit. There's no scheme to that.

I have bought three things from them. One was advertised as 8.5 and it was a 7.0. From what I have seen and read that seems to be the norm with a large percentage of Ebay sellers. So, I do not buy raw anymore, without the book in hand. That is what CGC is for.

As to the shill bidding, he may do it on occasion and it may not be him. It may be the people he is consigning for. Anyway, the two auctions that I bought CGC books on were not shilled. One went for 1.00 over reserve and the other went for half of my max bid. Just my .02.

Who knows, but I personally keep away from personal attacks. And I try to be straight with any deals that I make. I never had problems with people. And people did not with me. As for Raw books, yes ,anyone could grade a book based on opinion. And there are mistakes like that on ebay all the time. I bought a Journey 84 from a Connecticut dealer once slated as VF+ and it was restored (vg),

well folks, the prices are $50K for the Tec and $30K for the Marvel 1 if anyone wants to buy, just contact the seller direct (and, I assume an upcharge for SA commission would be avoided)?

What is your thoughts on the Tec 27. The prices on this issue have been all over the place.

3.0 Blue 34,500 in 2003

3.0 Sa Cover Trimmed 35850 in Feb 2008

6.0 Sp for 61,065 in Jan. 2006

7.0 Mp for 50,788 in 2007

7.0 Ep for 50,788 in 2008

Also, if he had it restored what do you think he has in the book (grade and restoration costs).

I would not want to buy from this seller but Marvel 1 is my uber grail. :cloud9:

Not my uber grail, but a book I would love to own. In fact, it is the last GA key book I have yet to conquer. Chances are I won't get to scratch it off the list. At least for a loooooong time.

what is holding you back?

Lack of funds

What is your thoughts on the Tec 27. The prices on this issue have been all over the place.

3.0 Blue 34,500 in 2003

3.0 Sa Cover Trimmed 35850 in Feb 2008

6.0 Sp for 61,065 in Jan. 2006

7.0 Mp for 50,788 in 2007

7.0 Ep for 50,788 in 2008

Also, if he had it restored what do you think he has in the book (grade and restoration costs).

to shed some light, a copy in this particular grade has resold north of $100K in recent months... just a pricing FYI